Ship Models - WTF?

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
I was looking through the ship models on the viewer in Standoff and noticed something peculiar:

1. The Raptor: The Raptor in the WC1 blueprints has wings that extend straight through the curved wings without an angle change. However, the wings of the Raptor for Standoff do change angle when coming through the curved wing. They also appear to be longer than the WC1 wings by a fair bit.

2. The Concordia: FLY THROUGH BAYS?????? I noticed that you have the launch bays going all the way through on the Concordia. Now I think I'm right when I say that the Confederation class doesn't have fly through bays, does it?

The TCS Concordia (Confederation Class) does not have fly through bays in Standoff:
shot31.png

You might be mistaking it with the Concordia-Class carriers or even the Wake-class, which resembles the Confederation-class.

Sylvester said:
1. The Raptor
Maybe you're right about the angle. Frankly, I don't remember what they look like neither on our model or the blueprints. The wings are not longer than the WC1 wings, though, I can tell you that for sure. So, yeah, bummer - our Raptor may be merely the second most accurate Raptor ever.

Sylvester said:
I think I'm right when I say that the Confederation class doesn't have fly through bays, does it?
Our current model does, for no reason whatsoever. I'm surprised it took so long for someone say something about it.

Starkey said:
The TCS Concordia (Confederation Class) does not have fly through bays in Standoff.
You just turned in your written confession - you need to test Standoff more. :p

:o
I guess I have to beta test the Ship Viewer also... There´s no Concordia missions yet... make one and I´ll dissect it for you. :p

You gotta test the ship viewer anyway, since I just added a bazillion ships to it, and the stats need proofreading. :p

Heh. I knew the Concordia had a fly through bay, and I wondered why as well, I just assumed it was easier to script take off/landing squences with a fly through bay.

I don´t think that´s the reason... the Dauntless in UE didn´t have a fly through bay and landing cutscenes worked out just fine.

Fly through bays do not make sense for the Concordia... However, it´s a great model.

Jason_Ryock said:
I just assumed it was easier to script take off/landing squences with a fly through bay.
The thing is, we don't actually have any player landings or takeoffs from the Concordia in the final Standoff script. :p

Starkey said:
I don´t think that´s the reason... the Dauntless in UE didn´t have a fly through bay and landing cutscenes worked out just fine.
They were harder to script, though.

Starkey said:
Fly through bays do not make sense for the Concordia...
I agree.

Chicken said:
I actually wonder if you can fly through the Concordia's launch bay
Nope.

psych said:
kinda sounds like the WC4 novel version of the TCS Lexington
It must've been more of a case of me not taking some medicine I should have. :)

Eder said:
It must've been more of a case of me not taking some medicine I should have. :)

Bad Eder! You should take your Vitamin M everyday!

Vitamin M = Motrin :D

Ahh Motrin...

Okay In all seriousness I was thinking about the gun convergence on the Raptor. I read in a thread that the Raptor had a really bad gun convergence. So here is my idea. Is it at all possible to make the actual guns converge and the model look good? If so you can angle the guns (the ones in the game not the model) so they have the convergence like that on the Gladius.

The Raptor has gun convergence. It is still kinda hard to hit with it however. One problem is that gun convergence currently only works on the horizontal axis, but not on the vertical one.

I'm going to take a wild guess too, and say this isn't something that keeps the Standoff staff awake at nights :p. Personally, I think I've tried the Raptor about five times altogether. It's just not supposed to be a good fighter in Standoff - it's supposed to be an old and obsolete fighter. The gun convergence issue, I think, is a blessing - it makes the Raptor feel ineffective, and thus will spare us from a lot of "why isn't the Raptor in the campaign?" comments :p.

...And before some Raptor-lover tries to kill me... I loved flying the Raptor in WC1. But Standoff is supposed to be all about WC2.

Quarto said:
...And before some Raptor-lover tries to kill me... I loved flying the Raptor in WC1. But Standoff is supposed to be all about WC2.

Nobody try to kill Quarto, please.

..his life belongs to Trigger.

No killings, right. Are severe beatings okay?

That, and if there's a gun-convergance issue with the Raptor... this might be a good reason to learn proper rolling technique or even rapid gun-switching... hmm. About what range are the guns set to converge? (I've been playing through a lot of WW2 flightsims and this is far more of an interest to me than it has been.)

Each gun is set to converge at half their range or a little beyond that, IIRC... so that at the end of their effective range they're not further apart than they were at close range.

Back