See How the Original WC4 Nephele Intro Would Have Played Out (November 29, 2023)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Here are storyboards for an establishing shot in Wing Commander IV that would've had Colonel Blair arrive at the Nephele bar on a speeder bike.

"I bet they didn't want it to look TOO much like Star Wars!"... the final version of the bar exterior would beg to differ.

The establishing shot ended up not being necessary because they dropped a previous scene where we see Blair as a sad drunk haunted by the war. So instead they match cut from the Senate scene to a news broadcast in the bar and pan over to Hamill entering, which is a neat trick! (I'm VERY curious what the backlit poster to the right is; sadly, not much set photography has survived!)

Here are boards for the dropped scene. You would've gotten a brief 'dear John' video from the lady you chose in Wing Commander III. This was on the schedule up through when the shoot started, so it must've been dropped very late!

I always wondered if they had Jennifer MacDonald and Ginger Allen lined up for their scenes, but I see now from the boards how it would've worked: Hamill would've shot this and then second unit would've done the messages later.

--
Original update published on November 29, 2023

Back