See here PLZ!!! new cocpit - IMAGES !!!

doro44

Spaceman
HI guyz , I started to work on new cocpit design.I am uploading what I have done for these two days.Please tell me your comments.I am happy to hear any critics from You.

Ondrej aka DORO44

Attachments

• tarsus_cpt_1.jpg
    tarsus_cpt_1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 180
  • tarsus_cpt_2.jpg
    tarsus_cpt_2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 160
more screenshots

Here u go, and admin, would it be plz possible to change my rights , so I can upload more screens at once?
And all You folks, dont forget it is only in very early stage....
So dont kill me because there are no textures...

Attachments

• tarsus_cpt_3.jpg
    tarsus_cpt_3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 149
  • tarsus_cpt_4.jpg
    tarsus_cpt_4.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 168
Looks good for an early stage, but does the Tarsus really have two speed displays? That font looks weird, too...

Anyhows, keep it up.

COmments

Hey thanx for ur cooperation guyz, I am doing this cocpit in 3D, so I hope it will be possible to use it for 3D cocpit, but it is job of hellcatV , me is not a programmer...

To the fonts : Those r only first textures...I ll do better....And if someone could send me a link where to find nice textures, that would be prety cool...

I dont really know if there were two speed dyplays...

I am posting new screens with few new textures....

Attachments

• tarsus_cpt_5.jpg
    tarsus_cpt_5.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 192
  • tarsus_cpt_6.jpg
    tarsus_cpt_6.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 181
doro44 said:
I dont really know if there were two speed dyplays...

One speed display shows the speed that you've set, the other one shows the real speed(you speed changes when you turn, slide etc. and how quickly you clamp to the current set speeds- you'll notice that you ship doesn't instantly fly at the speed you've set, it needs some time to accelerate)

make sure it looks *exactly* the same as the original from the front view...i want users to be able to toggle between fixed 2d and 3d :)
remember use cockpits/tarsus-cockpit.cpt/tarsus-cockpit.png as a guide...and from that angle at 320x200 it should be nearly pixel accurate...but look much better at 1280

I know it's not easy--but it's necessary

Looking good! Seems pretty faithful. And it looks like it could be used as an actual 3d cockpit if we ever got to that, so that's great.

well we do have support for it...there's a polygon-sorting mandate that can be turned into a config option (if you want slightly faster gameplay then your polygons can be sorted)

Lynx said:
One speed display shows the speed that you've set, the other one shows the real speed(you speed changes when you turn, slide etc. and how quickly you clamp to the current set speeds- you'll notice that you ship doesn't instantly fly at the speed you've set, it needs some time to accelerate)

I knew that, but I didn't know the Tarsus is a two-seater...

You might want to remove the pilot's seat that the player is sitting in. It's cool and all, but the forward view attached above shows the headrest, and if I'm sitting in a chair, the headrest is supposed to be behind me.

hi! amazing!

my friends and I were the same opinion a few days before when we said the graphic detail of the space and the ships is so much great that the original priv cockpits wouldnt meet the high standard anymore... :)

a full 3D cockpit would be good instead of the shadow effects when you turn the ship around but making this really realistic like the original one is nearly impossible!

I would apologize to simply render a 2D cockpit like the original one just in HIGH RES!
That would look so much more realistik than a full 3D cockpit i think....

But anything is possible!!

we also could call Cris Roberts and ask him for his old Privateer raw material.... of the cockpit... Maybe he have the original dada to render the same cockpit just in hi res for us? :))

very great work, the whole remake game, guys!

It's about time! finaly, someone with the guts to actually put some working modern day controls on a spaceship! I mean, A KEYBOARD! it's perfect! I love it!
My 'enter' key's been launching missiles for the past 10+ years and it deserves some glory.

Seriously, this is a good model. I don't know if there's a polygon limit but keep going on the details. It's the little things that give it a WC feel.

Marc said:
It's about time! finaly, someone with the guts to actually put some working modern day controls on a spaceship! I mean, A KEYBOARD! it's perfect! I love it!
My 'enter' key's been launching missiles for the past 10+ years and it deserves some glory.

Seriously, this is a good model. I don't know if there's a polygon limit but keep going on the details. It's the little things that give it a WC feel.

I agree with the keyboard (wasn't it an original Privateer cockpits already?), but it could have another color. Black might suit it...

Well we did ask Doro44 to start working on the galaxy or Centurion models...BradMick decided to start because he thought he could do a great job...it's just that we knew everyone would start with the tarsus--and honestly that's the hardest one...

anyhow...we'll select the one that's best unless someone ends up deciding to start working on the other 3... saving their partial work in case the tarsus doesn't get fully finsihed by any given artist

I have a great idea... there are a few ships that still have no cockpit. If he could make cockpits for those, his work would be certainly appreciated.

So, how about it?

well I think getting the original 4 done at high rez is more important than making cockpits for ships we hardly fly

version 2

Hi, posting new version....check it out...

Attachments

• tarsus_v2_20000.jpg
    tarsus_v2_20000.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 130
  • tarsus_v20000.jpg
    tarsus_v20000.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 146
Back