secret ops?

Deadman_ny

Spaceman
K, not asking where to dl The addon for secret ops but i'm sure alot of people have come across a similar problem...
I own prophecy gold but i tried to reistall ops and the cd is scratched. Does EA still support sending in $10 along with the damaged cd for replacements?
If they do it would be cool to get "fresh" copies of kilrathi Saga too. Games are getting old (almost 10 years now), or at least the cd's are after ten years. Been thinking about it for a while but with Origin going the way of the dodo and stuff.
Any help?

I don't beleive they do disk replacements any more. Is your CD readable at all? If so, is there only a few specific unreadable files that someone might be able to provide you with?

gets like 95% and says the speech.tre is fried :(
man, i even tried dling and patching the starter pack but the file sizes don't mesh.
i'd apreciate it. If you need a plumber after your new years eve party just give me a ring 848-6962 ;)

gets like 95% and says the speech.tre is fried :(
man, i even tried dling and patching the starter pack but the file sizes don't mesh.
i'd apreciate it. If you need a plumber after your new years eve party just give me a ring 848-6962 ;)

Heh, I tend to do my own repairs...

I actually don't have Gold (should probably try to pick it up soon) but I imagine someone here should be able to arrange to get speech.tre to you.

i've been looking everywhere for any sign of wc in the stores...nothing.
i got this version of gold when it first came out...mind you it was AFTER i had already just bought the reg version. didn't have internet so well, it was worth it. played the hell out of the game. :)

ps- are there any good space sims out there? none of those in the stores either. Mostly shooters and such out there i'm going nuts!

for current space sims I'd recommend the various fan made WC stuff
I haven't seen a good spce sim in stores in years
I bought Freelancer after it hit the bargain bin a few years ago, it was pretty good although it took some getting used to flying with a mouse

There are a bunch of good non-WC space sims, most of them are a bit old... I can't think of any recent space sims except X3, but I can't recommend the X series at all, it's more like a spreadsheet simulator in space. Independence War (1 and 2) and Terminus are pretty good. Freelancer and Starlancer are okay... they're not great but they have fun action. Then I guess there's always the Elite series, but some people have a problem with 320x200. :p

already have freelancer and starlancer and they are pretty good games. Starlancer had pretty good graphics for it's time and on hard it's a challange but like in life 20/20 is hindsight and it isn't fair when you know all the triggers for when the enemy is coming and exactly what to do. ever seen that movie "next"? What pisses me off more then anything though is that in the end the alliance looses even after all of the victories we handed them. For god sakes give us a chance to change history! or at least make a stain on it. :s Freelancer was cool too with the graphs and it did annoy the hech that you couldn't use a stick, and you don't really get any of the really heavy duty ships until after the campain ends... then you just wonder around kissing arse so that no one hates you, at least none of the dangerouse factions so you can exsplore and chart the universe. i spent days doing grid searches looking for booty, jump points and bases.
starlancer was a great game...but there should have been a game between the 2, or at least an add on or something.
yes, there are alot of wc fan made projects my fav is the fs2 mod but thats gunna be a while till it's done. understandable since it's all volenteer work. all those guys deserve a well, they deserve to be up there with the great ones like Chris Roberts in their drive and creativity and devotion to Wing Commander. keep it up guys and maybe EA will get their heads out of their....
rambleing now so can i ask one of you kind sir's if it's possble to dl that I could dl that file? us version of prophecy gold. I have dls and while my upload speed is only about 30kps my dl speed is like 300kps (yeah i know:() but it's way better then 56k.

Poor people are crazy, rich people are excentric ;)

Maybe I can sweeten the pot and trade one of you folks for another game that I don't play anymore. Mind you i'm just asking for that one file... Or if you could spare the actual game CD...

Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade
Supreme Commander
Company Of Heroes
Starcraft and Broodwar exspansion
Rome: Total War

Email me your contact info and I'll send via USPS or UPS mail.

oh thank god, i tried to get to cic and it kept saying unavalible. I thought i got banned for askig about SO... with all the warnings and stuff posted. Not my intention to, eh you know. thank you guys.

Like i said i've got some games that I never play anymore. Hell i've got 3 copies of sc and bw since I work out of town and would forget to bring and since the games only $15-$20 at some stores
hehe i've even got 4 copies of wc2 ;) (note: no copies but some of the manuals are missig. cd keys are intect and legal.)
anyone got the Call to Duty? I played Call to Duty 4 and i swear i almost came at the end of the first mission. Wow, I havn't been that engrosed in a game since WC. I spent New Years Eve playing that and wow I an't get over the graphics and gameplay. Only wished it was a longer game and the end was depressing. :(

What did the blonde say when she found out she wa pregnant?
"Is it mine?"

oh thank god, i tried to get to cic and it kept saying unavalible. I thought i got banned for askig about SO... with all the warnings and stuff posted. Not my intention to, eh you know. thank you guys.

That was because of something on the server side I think.

Also, check your PMs again.

Did you ever try speech.tre from the downloadable SO starter pack? I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same.

I don't know (anymore) if it is the same, but as far as I tested it (which was not the full game admitingly) it worked fine for me (thats the reson the SO Gold English=>German instructions work at all).

Did you ever try speech.tre from the downloadable SO starter pack? I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same.

He was missing several other files, so I just had him download the starter package to get most of the remaining files. He's all up and running now.

the screwed up thing was that speech.tre file i was looking for...i found it. I was going through my backup cd's and not only did i back it up i had it saved on SEVERAL backup dvd's in case I reinstalled SO after getting Vista. But like Dund said my data.tre file and same 3dfx/gll files were fried aswell.
After patching the files that were missing and installing the "Standoff" patch to fix some of the missing dll files the game runs great. THANK YOU DUNDRADAL!!!
I made a backup cd put another backup .ISO on an exteral hd aswell in case.
What really sucks is that i have 2 copies of WCP. The gold version and the original. I can't find either! While my 3 copies of wc3, 3 of wc2, armada, 2 copies of privateer, the original 5" wc1 but I can't even find the boxes for the WCP!!! I did find the wall map that I took down 3 years ago. So off to bay I went and got WCP for $11 with shipping and WCPG for $30 but WCPG is from Europe... Will that work in my pc?
Oh yeah, btw. Dund, for being a *ommited* and helping. You mentioned that you were missing the map. For your help and patience it's yours. :) Got another on the way. :D

So off to bay I went and got WCP for $11 with shipping and WCPG for $30 but WCPG is from Europe... Will that work in my pc?

Non online PC games NEVER had any sort of region restriction. You might get a non English version if you didn't look closely enough, but it will definitely run.

Back