secret ops

Originally posted by sninja387
No you don't.
Yes you do...

Secretops.com only has the first episode (that's the 115 meg one) which is the first 6 missions or so. That's still available as a demo for Prophecy Gold, while the remaining 6 episodes can't be acquired legally, unless you buy Prophecy Gold.

[Edited by Earthworm on 12-17-2000 at 20:03]

It seems odd to me that allowing people to download eps for a free game is illegal... but I see how it is, since OSI wouldn't have given anyone permission to distribute their works.

Why shouldn't it be illegal? I got Win98 for "free" with my computer, yet that doesn't allow me to get WinME for free.

Saturnye, it should be illegal, because it was a limited offer that ended when Prophecy Gold went on sale.

OSI did us a favor while doing their own little research, giving us a free game, but they wanted some profit out of it too, so there's no more episodes online.

I always thought it was a strange thing to give it away for free. I should have known there'd be conditions on it eventually.

The point of SO wasn't to give away a free game just to make WC fans happy.

OSI was testing/researching distributing games online, without having to get the games to retailers, without the need to package them and print manuals, stuff like that.

Originally posted by Quarto
Why shouldn't it be illegal? I got Win98 for "free" with my computer, yet that doesn't allow me to get WinME for free.

Actually, you did pay for Win98. You didn't have to pay full price, you got a bulk rate due to whereever you got your comp from, (unless you handbuilt or had a mom & pop store do it for you).

I've still got hte letter OSI sent me when I wrote asking for them to release SO on CD for those w/o the interent (at the time I was lacking), and they said they had no plans to release it what so ever on CD, and then like a week later I heard about WCPG's scheduled release. Left me confused. :)

Back