Secret Ops Mission Builder Compile Error

DangerousCook

Rear Admiral
Hi, I've recently installed HC1's Mission Builder, Compiler, and the Simulator patch for Secret Ops. All the programs seem to be operating well, except when I click the Compile and Run or Compile Only buttons in the Mission Builder. I get an error that reads as follows:

The program or freature "\??\C:\Games\Secret Ops\FLGS.EXE" cannot start or run due to incompativility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

This message repeats with other .exe files including CRC and GLUE

I've tried setting the compatability of those files to Windows 98 and 256 colors, but that does not seem to work. I appreciate any advice, but please keep in mind that my computer knowledge is very limited. Thanks!

Hi, I've recently installed HC1's Mission Builder, Compiler, and the Simulator patch for Secret Ops. All the programs seem to be operating well, except when I click the Compile and Run or Compile Only buttons in the Mission Builder. I get an error that reads as follows:

The program or freature "\??\C:\Games\Secret Ops\FLGS.EXE" cannot start or run due to incompativility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

This message repeats with other .exe files including CRC and GLUE

I've tried setting the compatability of those files to Windows 98 and 256 colors, but that does not seem to work. I appreciate any advice, but please keep in mind that my computer knowledge is very limited. Thanks!

Yeah the switchover to 64 bit OS has been costly, Windows 7 is actually the first OS I've liked in years but at the expense of many older pieces of software that are no longer runnable, Compatibility mode won't help either...

But emulation may help, try Virtual Box, although this may require you to own an XP CD I'm not sure. There are other freeware emulators about, depending on how heavy the software is, you may need a monster PC to run it properly.

Good luck.

Back