Secret Missions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Mav23
I really didn't like being called "Maverick-San" though :p
Being somewhat of a leisure-time student of Japanese myself, I liked that. I also liked it that she talked about Halcyon as 'Colonel-sama'. One of the meanings of sama (the only one I've 'officialy' learned yet) is god. She must think very high of the Colonel! :D
And the writers switched from one Romaji transcription to another between WC1 and SM1: In WC1 it was Konishi wa while in SM1 they write Konnishi wa. Neither is more or less correct than the other though.
For the record, it means: Hello, or more specically Good afternoon (while it is a common greating and therefore often translated as hello, you may not use it in the morning or evening)

Originally posted by Frosty
Apparently something else we didn't get over yet is the incredibly annoying habit of placing an apostrophe in a word intended to be plural, thereby making it precisely FUCKING INCORRECT and STUPID.

For some odd reason a voice calls to me that "didn't" should be replaced by "haven't" or "have not", if you want to be grammatically correct. :)

hehehehe

well then you'd have to change "didn't get" to "haven't gotten"... or am I confused again? :p

Originally posted by redwolf
For some odd reason a voice calls to me that "didn't" should be replaced by "haven't" or "have not", if you want to be grammatically correct. :)
Your voice must be stupid :(

Hey, Frosty:
You ever think about, um, "warming up" to people, or is
the CZ just your own personal agita storage area?...

Btw, what I also really liked was that in the WC1 manual (or the KS manual at least) they wrote Spirit's name as 'Lieutenant Tanaka Mariko' which is correct Japanese name order (family name before given name). It's very rare to see that in anything not produced in Japan.

Originally posted by Preacher
Hey, Frosty:

Agreed...

Originally posted by Preacher
Hey, Frosty:

I use to think the same of Frosty, but I know better now. He's actually trying to tell you to stop being stupid and actually learn something by listening to someone.

Frosty's a good guy on #Wingnut. He just seems to take rage on stupid posts written by people, including myself. :)

DEAR GOD! HE'S LEARNED!

Congrats, Lehah. I thought I'd beaten that idea into you some time ago, though you proved me wrong. And here you've gone and figured it out.

Good job. Now practice it. :)

I don't care how stupid one may view another poster as, there's no excuse for being rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back