Screw Win2k... (n/t)

i saw DOS (disk operator system) on tv once on a show on pbs that was about computers it looked really hard and confusing. unix looks neat though that's what the girl used in jurassic park to lock the door when the raptors were attacking the gang inside the building it had cool graphics and stuff, does anyone know where i could download that? does it work with Win95 and my TNT card?

Ziggy

------------------
Ziggy played guitar, jamming good with Weird and Gilly,
The Spiders From Mars
He played it left hand, but made it too far
Became the special man, then we were Ziggy's band

Ziggy Stardust said:
i saw DOS (disk operator system) on tv once on a show on pbs that was about computers it looked really hard and confusing. unix looks neat though that's what the girl used in jurassic park to lock the door when the raptors were attacking the gang inside the building it had cool graphics and stuff, does anyone know where i could download that? does it work with Win95 and my TNT card?

Ziggy

Actualy DOS means Disk Operating System. Also, Unix is an operating system, so you can't just download it. And since it is an OS, why would it don't work if you have Win95 installed, and why would your video card be of any importance when it comes to OS's?

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

I know what you mean, Earthworm. Every year that I had to study computer apps. at school (and at uni right now), I ended up learning to use Excel all over again. But hopefully, this is the last time they make me do computer apps... Yay!

Ziggy: DOS is less complicated than Unix. Also, Unix will not work with Win95 - it will replace it
smile.gif
. As in, unless you split your hard drive into two boot-able partitions, you have to remove Win95 to install Unix.

Last edited by a moderator:
quarto, i know what you mean in jerassic park it took the girl a really long time to figure out how to make the door lock and the people who were trying to keep the door shut almost died!

anyway that stinks how unix doesnt run under Win95 i guess bill gates really messed up on that one! now i get why nobody likes him! i already have two hard drives, one of has a tray thing that lets me play WC games on it and the other won i can put floppies in so i can move my work back and forth from the computers at school where i type things for classes. does this mean i can put unix on it but i can keep win95 too so i do the same stuff i'm doing now? THANKS!

Ziggy

------------------
The Spiders From Mars

i forgot to mention that i can play music cds in the first hard drive also? my mom said i couldnt get a cd player for my birthday but then i figured out that i could just play cds in my computer! WOW! i sure showed her

Ziggy

------------------
The Spiders From Mars

Quarto said:
I know what you mean, Earthworm. Every year that I had to study computer apps. at school (and at uni right now), I ended up learning to use Excel all over again. But hopefully, this is the last time they make me do computer apps... Yay!

biggrin.gif
Here in US we get to chose some of our classes, so I probably won't have to take it again. Though next year there will be Computer Programing class and that's suposed to have DOS in it too, so I'll look into that.
smile.gif

Ziggy: The reason why Unix won't run under Win95 is that they both do the same thing - run your computer. In the same manner, Win95 won't run under Unix
smile.gif

Quarto said:
In order to be cool, you also need to know how to use DOS
tongue.gif

But I learned how to use DOS when I was a little'un...
biggrin.gif
Does that make me cooler than some of the others here?

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot, over! -Spyder

LOL im cool and i dont have DOS! hee hee hee quarto thats dumb how win95 cant run unix, youd think bill gates and his evil company (microsoft to the lay men) would be able to write a program that coudl at least run unix?? WOULDN'T YOU? i mean if that girl in jurassic park could run unix (the first movie, not the lost world i dont know about the book jurassic park becuase i didnt read it becuase it was way too long) youd think bil gates could too!

Ziggy

------------------
The Spiders From Mars

Humf. Ziggy, Win95 IS a DOS with a graphic interface. Unix is just a different kind of DOS. That means one cannot run the other. Like a two cars can't drive each other. DOS and Unix are OS (Operating systems) meaning they are the software engine that drives your computer. The OS runs PROGRAMS, not other OS. You can have more than one OS on your Hard Drive (HD) but only one can manage your computer at a time. As for the Hard Drive itself, it is NOT the floppy drive you insert small disks in to bring your work back and forth from school (namely your A :) neither it is you CD-ROM drive witch has a tray to put CDs (your games) in. Your Hard Drive is a disk INSIDE your computer (represented by C: in your Win95).

Don't get me wrong, but are you just playing dumb ???

------------------
PopsiclePete

PopsiclePete's WC Page : http://members.xoom.com/PopsiclePete
E-mail : PopsiclePete@angelfire.com

Visit HCl's WC editing Archives

The WC Source Code Release Project needs YOU !

[This message has been edited by PopsiclePete (edited March 01, 2000).]

Ziggy Stardust said:
LOL im cool and i dont have DOS! hee hee hee quarto thats dumb how win95 cant run unix, youd think bill gates and his evil company (microsoft to the lay men) would be able to write a program that coudl at least run unix?? WOULDN'T YOU? i mean if that girl in jurassic park could run unix (the first movie, not the lost world i dont know about the book jurassic park becuase i didnt read it becuase it was way too long) youd think bil gates could too!

Ziggy

Um, this one’s realy funny. LOL
smile.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited March 01, 2000).]

i think i get it now popsicle pete (at least its not fudgeicle, fruit pops are way better than the chocolate ones) so like how my dad has two cars in his garage ( a porshe and a mustang) but he can only drive one of them at the same time? and they have different engines? (the porshe is faster) and the mustagn's key wont start the porshe, but it will start the mustang? and by hard drives do you mean the part in the computer where i can keep my mp3s and games and stuff? neat

hey earthworm, how did you make those blue faces things with the big teeth? they're wicked cool! can you teach me how?

Ziggy

------------------
The Spiders From Mars

Ziggy, to make a smily face, you type: :) To make a wink, you type ;) to make a big grin, you type :D, to make a smily sticking his tongue out at you, you type :p. There are more, you just click on the "Smilies Legend on the left hand side of the Reply place where you type your replies.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fireball SC (edited March 01, 2000).]

smile.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

i like poliwhirls pokemon is sooo cool!

Ziggy

------------------
The Spiders From Mars

Bandit LOAF said:
Somebody was being a biggrin.gif biotech, so I replaced it with an adorable Poliwag. Capiche?

Why not just say to stop making that many big grins? Why punish us this way LOAF?
smile.gif

Can we replace
smile.gif
with a big yellow Pikachu?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Barrie "Cpl Hades" Almond
balmond@wcnews.com

Back