Screenshots Release Thread

You guys seriously need to get this project done. When my computer is all fixed up and ready to play games, I'll be wanting a demo or something from you guys, because this all looks really great.

In all seriousness, is there any sort of progress indicator or report we can get? Any rough estimate on completion, or a far-fetched estimate on a release date?

I may be speaking out of place here since I'm basically the bottom man on the totum poll for this project, but let's say it might be sooner than you think... depending on when you think it may be. Overmortal, it's sooner than "When it's Finished," I can tell you that without Tolwyn or Starman hoisting me on my own pitard.

You might even say it is "even at the doors." Let me just say that in another thread (or is it this one?) Tolwyn said that we are so close to a release that he can taste it. That's how close. And let me tell you, it's going to taste good.

To tell you the truth, I don't even know the exact day, but I have a ballpark figure, although I'm not the man to be announcing anything along those lines. But I can tell you something more specific:

This prologue is going to blow you away.

Okay, I've probably said too much and I'll have a brick thrown through my window or I'll wake up with a horse's head in bed next to me (how to explain that to my wife, I don't know). If I told you any more, they may have not have to kill you, but they'd certainly have to kill me, so I'll stop here. ;)

"Weeping may last for a night, but there shall be joy in the morning." Morning is coming, Overmortal. Don't worry.

Now I just have to wait for one of the big guys on the project to come kick me in the pants for saying too much. Sorry if I did, guys.

(Sphynx waits with a grimace on his face....)

Fruitcake said:
Maybe for the release of WC Saga? ;)

Could be, most of them are older ships. :p

About the release date, it's close, but not as close as some people would wish. :p

That is enough, over and out.

the release date depends on how polished it is going to be. Because basically, work on the prologue is done.

I think we can agree that we wanted this thing to be well-done, not just average. It will be worth the wait, I think.

Of course, some people want it released yesterday, and understandably so. These pictures and the tidbits that get released are very tantalizing... but just remember what happened to the rushed release of X2: The Threat... major issues there. Major issues (apologies to those who like the game, but the orignial release was immensely buggy, and they still haven't completely fixed the thing). We wouldn't want that to happen here.

I understand the anticipation and the jumpiness, though. I feel the same way.

I got the message, though Lynx. I won't pressure the crew or drive people nuts with further discussion of release date. Discussion of the due date is probably effectively over until an announcement is made. I'll comply with that.

How about more pictures to soothe the savage soul? Or, we could just let the Saga guys work on the project so they can give us more than pictures to chew on. Either one works. :)

Tolwyn said:
agreed, well, how about announcing our release date? ;)

:eek:
RELEASE DATE? can this be true :D ill wet myself when i find out and get to play this baby (literally), you guys make me drool and dream about Saga your all mean, for making me want it so much, your like MacDonalds Kid Meal Toys :p

Vermin

Tolwyn said:
agreed, well, how about announcing our release date? ;)

I wish we could, but I can examine the date only when I get the voice-lines (and the message.tbl), and then I need 4-6 weeks to finish the missions. :( There are also some model-issues, but they should be done rather fast.

Let's make a "latest" annoucement instead, but depending on what I said above, O.K ? ;)

Back