Scale of WC

Originally posted by Bob McDob
...but was there a sense of direction before lodestones and magnets? I know there was the Sun and the stars, but still...

I think we've had the cardinal directions for a long time. Even before magnets and such they knew the sun rose in the East and set in the West, and they could generally locate the North star. So that makes me believe that we've had directions for a very very very long time.

And the Vikings use soome kind of weird stone.... i don´t remember the properties (i think how she reflects the light and the stone isn´t magnetic)

No, no I don´t think so :D
I saw it in Discovery channel, the history of Groenlandia and Eric the Red.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
Originally posted by Bob McDob
...but was there a sense of direction before lodestones and magnets? I know there was the Sun and the stars, but still...

Um, not to nitpick or anything, but I never said that... ^_^;

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I liked this thread better back when it was about light years.

Indeed. However I must point out, that if you said "Much, much further coreward is the realm of the Nephilim, about 100,000 ly from the Confederation", then the Nephilim would reside in the intergalactic void...

The Milky Way is only 100 000 Light Years across. Even if we were on the very edge (which we are not, Sol is about 20000 ly in), the Nephilim would be on the other side of the galaxy.

Originally posted by redwolf
Even if we were on the very edge (which we are not, Sol is about 20000 ly in), the Nephilim would be on the other side of the galaxy.

Don't fail me again...Admiral... :D

I wish I could get a chance to get these books!

(the internet and other sources are just too time consuming for me to use!)

Back