Salvaging fighters and capships

Chip

Spaceman
I had hoped in the Wing Commander games that leeched/crippled/out of fuel fighters could be salvaged by shuttles equipped with towing cables. Capships could be salvaged by sending Marines in shuttles to them like the Princeton at Spearadon. Then, the player could use them as a disguise to masquerade as the enemy like at Axius.

That would've been a great addition to Privateer. Perhaps including in that guns and systems.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

Last edited by a moderator:
When you died in Privateer, most of your systems were usually shot. Not that much left to salvage...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Now that wouldn't stop you from leeching (if we had leech somethings at the time) some Retros and stripping their fighters for parts, our if you're naughty, sell them as slaves, would it?
biggrin.gif

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our neck before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Kahlil Gibran

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited September 11, 2000).]

Hmm... well, we might not have done anything like that, but I do recall rumours about the Retros leeching that guy... what's his name... that writer...

His name was Hunter Toth -- I'm fairly sure we're told only that the Retros disabled his ship and captured him, though... nothing about leeching.

About leeching Cap. Ships, it's been done. In Colony Wars.

But 'twould be cool to see in WC too.

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

[This message has been edited by Anagram (edited September 12, 2000).]

Anagram, in WC IV you can leech capital ships. I prefer to use the leech guns whenever possible instead of missiles -- I save the missiles for the fighters and even then I use the leech pilotguns.

You're quite correct, LOAF. I simply jumped to conclusions, since leeching is the only way to disable things in WC as far as I can remember.

There are times when you are asked to disable cap ships, and that means destruction of turrets and/or a certain amount of damage done to the ship. No leech's are involved

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Chip said:
Anagram, in WC IV you can leech capital ships. I prefer to use the leech guns whenever possible instead of missiles -- I save the missiles for the fighters and even then I use the leech pilotguns.

Never said you couldn't in WC, Chip. I merely stated that it was done in Colony Wars, including the full capture.

In fact, it was really well done in Colony Wars.

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

Back