Righteous Fire

Tachy15

Spaceman
I just ordered Privateer, and I would like to know if there is any place selling RF other than Ebay? I have looked all over, but it seems that no one knows...

You know, you should have waited for a privateer Gold or a privateer EA CD-Rom classics to show up since only Ebay is going to sell those types of games, the RF ad-on is going to be very dificult to show up, if you see one of the above games that I put above, Buy It. they have the Privateer game, speach pack and the RF ad-on.

Ok

I guess I'll be on the lookout. I bet I can find the speech pack and RF SOMEWHERE... The internet is a big place!

Yes, he did.
I saw RF and the Privateer game in there.
Funny thing I saw there, Sierra knows about what they are doing in there and they are not conserned about it, they even are giving some help to that site.
It look like that Sierra does not care about old games, a pity that EA does not follow that path......

Win95 and Privateer

One of you experts please give me an autoexec and config to use with a shortcut on the desktop in Win95 to give me a c: prompt from which I can launch Privateer one and two, Doom and all the other games I enjoyed so much.

Thanks,
Oldun.

Originally posted by Dragon
It look like that Sierra does not care about old games, a pity that EA does not follow that path......
Either way, it's not to be discussed here. Whether EA cares or not.

i have a copy of the priv EA clasics CD
i can sell you it if you want it, it has no proper box ( ill give it a jewel case though) nd no manual but theres one in PDF on it, if you want it e-mail me at
Simeon_spencer_5sjms@yahoo.com

Well

I already bought Privateer :\ I think it might be the EA Classics version (does that have RF in it?) Anyway I'll let you know.

Oldun, I have some file configs which may help you. You can't run 'em from Windows, but they're real user friendly if you put 'em in a boot disk. Just email me for them.

roach@mail.asiagate.net

Not the speech pack, actually... it has full speech (which includes *different* voice-work than is included with the speech pack).

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the speech pack and full speech (could you give some examples)? Also, does this apply to WC2, with its speech pack? Thanks.

The speech packs gives full in-flight speech to Privateer and WIng Commander 2 (and Ultima VIII and Strike Commander). The full speech editions have speech in the cut-scenes, too (the originals had only text).

Here's to the stealers (raises a glass)...they own the Earth

After all, Qdos became the forerunner to a certain OS highly marketed by Microsoft, thus making a certain William Gates a very rich man indeed...

$100 Billion can always buy a good lawyer!

Back