Resources for computer-aided WCTO

Ironduke

Spaceman
This list shows all available graphics for use with the computer-aided version of WCTO. Mainly meant for Avacar right now, but it also shows the progress of the graphical side of the project.
Green means 100% complete, yellow says the resource is there, but needs some work, red is not yet finished and gray items aren't available, but on my personal wishlist. (If you're an artist and think you can help us, feel free to get in touch with me!)

Ship beauty shots (240x180 px, space backdrop):

Bengal-class strike carrier
Broadsword
Clydesdale-class transport
Concordia-class fleet carrier
Confed space station
Confed space depot
Confederation-class dreadnought
Demon
Dorkathi-class transport
Dorkir-class transport
Drakhri
Dralthi
Drayman-class transport
Durango-class light carrier
Epee
Exeter-class destroyer
Ferret
Fralthra-class cruiser
Free Trader-class transport
Gilgamesh-class destroyer
Gladius
Gratha
Grikath
Gothri
Jalkehi
Kamekh-class corvette
Kilrathi space station
Kilrathi space depot
Krant
Ralatha-class destroyer
Rapier II
Refinery station
Sabre
Sartha
Southampton-class destroyer
Stiletto
Strakha
Tallahassee-class cruiser
Talon
Tarsus-class scout
Venture-class corvette
Waterloo-class cruiser
Yorktown-class light carrier

Top-down ship sprites (6 images each, transparent background):

Bengal-class strike carrier
Broadsword
Clydesdale-class transport
Concordia-class fleet carrier
Confed space station
Confed space depot
Confederation-class dreadnought
Demon
Dorkathi-class transport
Dorkir-class transport
Drakhri
Dralthi
Drayman-class transport
Durango-class destroyer
Epee
Exeter-class destroyer
Ferret
Fralthra-class cruiser
Free Trader-class transport
Gilgamesh-class destroyer
Gladius
Gratha
Grikath
Gothri
Jalkehi
Kamekh-class corvette
Kilrathi space station
Kilrathi space depot
Krant
Ralatha-class destroyer
Rapier II
Refinery station
Sabre
Sartha
Southampton-class destroyer
Stiletto
Strakha
Tallahassee-class cruiser
Talon
Tarsus-class scout
Venture-class corvette
Waterloo-class cruiser
Yorktown-class light carrier

Miscellaneous:

Asteroid
Confed Star
Explosion
Flak fire
Hex grid
Kilrathi Insignia
Missile
Target reticle

If some WC1, Privateer, and Special Operations ships are going to be included, what about the Hornet, Raptor, Scimitar, Morningstar, Crossbow, Hriss, etc? And is that the Privateer Dralthi or the WC1 Dralthi?

If some WC1, Privateer, and Special Operations ships are going to be included, what about the Hornet, Raptor, Scimitar, Morningstar, Crossbow, Hriss, etc? And is that the Privateer Dralthi or the WC1 Dralthi?
It's the WC1 Dralthi. And about those other ships: I'm hesitant about the Morningstar and the Hhriss, as I think both were only experimental fighters at the time. The Crossbow would be nice, but since we already have the Broadsword and Sabre in the game, another bomber isn't exactly on my top priority list.

Personally, I'd love to include the WC1 fighters, but their stats would be tricky to balance... Actually, I have all the WCTO ship stats worked out for pretty much all craft from WC1 to WC3 and Privateer - I'm just lacking ship models that are on par with Marc's excellent work.

Status update: All ship graphics have been converted! If someone wants to jump in and give us a hand at rendering new stuff, this is my personal wishlist for WCTO, sorted by priority:

- Free Trader-class transport
- Venture-class corvette
- Talon (possibly with different textures, but I'd be already happy with plain grey)
- Gothri
- Tarsus

Everything else is a nice bonus. Also, I haven't listed ships like the Arrow or Scimitar, for instance. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want those in WCTO - if you want to contribute anything at all, feel free! The only prerequisite being that it should match the existing art style. (And while I'm dreaming: I'd also love some civilian ships from Howie's Pioneer project... :rolleyes:)

There are a number of cosmetic icons that would significantly improve the look/feel of the game as well. If anyone out there can make or has access to the following, it would be awesome if you sent it our way:

1. A missile schematic to use as a faded background behind the missile targetting options.
2. A schematic of a weapon system (or frankly, just a cool looking circuit) for use behind the standard weapon targetting system.
3. Small icons of missiles, crosshairs, etc. Maybe icons for simple maneuvers (something that looks like an immelman, barrel roll, etc.)

Could we use some of the schematics from the WC1 blueprints? I remember some of them being on the CIC front page recently, and it might be cool to have them there as a reference to the franchise. :)

I could also try to make some missile sprites and crosshairs, but I'll have to pass when it comes to maneuver icons. :(

I remember finding those too, but I went looking for them and couldn't locate them recently. That said, I always get lost on the CIC front page.

Yes, those are the ones I meant. Thanks for posting the link, Wedge! The Pilum FF would make for a nice background schematic, don't you think? ;)

Back