Request for UE2

I have a request for Unknown Enemy 2.I would like to see an apperance by the FRLN or at least some mention of them in the fiction.Who's with me on this?

Originally posted by Raptor leader
I have a request for Unknown Enemy 2.I would like to see an apperance by the FRLN or at least some mention of them in the fiction.Who's with me on this?

The FRLN should join the pilgrim alliance in oblivion.

Both the Pilgrim Alliance and FRLN are way cooler than Confed,UBW or the Kilrathi.Starkey I know they are but I'd like UE2 to have them as well.

Your wish shall probably be granted, RFBurns ;).

As for the FRLN, it's unlikely. We're in Vega, they're not :p.

Yeah, new ships! I would like to see the Rapier IV as a flyable ship, and see the Raptor and/or Vindicator!

Rapier IV is certain. Vindicator is almost certain. Raptor... well, I'm pretty certain about the Raptor - I'm pretty certain it won't show up.

Sorry, but while UE1 was all about nostalgia, we can't stay in the WC1 era forever. Besides, we can only have a limited number of ships, and the Raptor will show up in Standoff.

That's fine if you don't want to use the Raptor. What I really care about is that all the important roles are filled:

1.) Light, fast fighter--either UE1 Epee, UE1 Ferret with Autoslide added (my preference) or Stiletto (I envision similar to Ferret but with 2 Particle guns instead of 2 Mass Drivers, and an extra pair of missiles).

2.) Medium fighter/bomber--either the Vindicator or the Sabre

3.) Medium/heavy fighter--Rapier IV

4.) Heavy Bomber--either the upgraded Avenger seen in UE1 (my preference) or upgraded Longbows (UE1 did mention that the UBW was buying a number of Longbows from Confed).

I think that it was cool that we got to fly the Kilrathi ships in UE1. I am wondering if the storyline for UE2 might permit you to fly some other Kilrathi ships (I always wanted to try the Paktahn :p ) or possibly some stolen Nephilim ships (a la SM1).

Honesty, I've always wanted to give a Paktahn a try too. Flying some Nephlem ships may be cool - but if you remember from the simulator, they'd be incredibly hard to control. Bug ships are so different from human or kilralthi, It'd be very hard to fly them. And of couse, since UE needs to maintain some bit of reality (and the fact that we're not concerned about it being hard), we'd make them hard to fly.

I think the BW have some Confed WC2 ships beside their original designs. As for the newer purchased confed ships, they probably buyed the older versions of the ships(e.g. the Arrows with 4 lasers, not the newer ones with 2laser/2ion cannons, and the WC3 Longbow)

Don't throw any Excaliburs into the Borderworld Militia. They are still quite moderns ships, and given the life expectancy of them, Confed will probably won't give them away for decades. They'll keep most WC3 and WC4 fighters. And the fact that Confed Thunderbolts didn't show up in WC 4 doesn't mean that they have sold large qauntities of them to other governments.

Originally posted by Needaham45
Honesty, I've always wanted to give a Paktahn a try too.

Yeah! The Paktahn always struck me as cool too! Too bad we can't implement cloaking or I would want to see the Strakha fighters! ^_^ Dralthi is cool enough but too little speed for a light fighter and too little shields and armor for a medium fighter--it's like the Epee with a quarter of its speed and agility cut off! Maybe we could see the Darket instead (I envision the Darket being light and fast like the Ferret but with ion or particle guns instead of mass drivers...can't think of a plausible reason for the player to fly it though, unless the player flies off a Kilrathi ship for part of the game.).

Considering how long ago the war was, it wouldn't be unreasonable to include Strakhas that are unable to cloak in the sequel.

Hmmm, that might be interesting--Strakha fighters without the cloak--or maybe downgraded to a "passive" cloak whereby you don't show up on the enemy radar till you start shooting--that might be good for a mission where you have to "sneak up" on an enemy target. It would be easy enough to program the enemies to ignore you till you fired a shot or entered a certain area and set off a trigger.

I would imagine the Strakha as having speed and shields/armor comparable to the Epee, 2 Laser/2 Ion guns, 4 HS/4 FF missiles (it carries 5 FF in WC3), and a pair of light torps if there are any bombing missions for it.

A Strakha without a cloak would be like a Dralthi without the engines :p. I liked the WC2 Strakha, but without the cloak, it just wouldn't be the same.

Well as I said, I think it would be possible to make the player's ship be ignored by the enemy ships until a trigger happens--either a time limit, entering a certain area, or a certain keypress by the player to "decloak". I don't think it would be so easy to make the enemies break off at a player-input keystroke, so it might work out better if it were used in a mission where the player was supposed to be able to cloak only once--the player would arrive at the nav point cloaked and have to get close to the target. It might make sense fiction-wise to say that the lack of materials or whatever means that the cloak can only be used once--remember that Pliers said that the crystals burn out quickly unless special care is taken, so they might need to be replaced after each use.

Back