Replay, Re-rumors (January 11, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Rumors of EA Replay 2 are making the rounds with the legitimate gaming press -- here's GameSpot and PSXExtreme articles on the rumor. There aren't any new details, but it's good to see that the rest of the world is as interested in what could be included in such a game. Is Replay 2 a real project? Well, here's an online resume for an Electronic Arts employee who lists the game as one of their credits. Only the big question remains -- will it include more Wing Commander?

--
Original update published on January 11, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
While I like the idea of EA replay, I think it would be great if they expanded future versions to also be released on 360, DS, PC, etc.

^^^ True that, I gave away my PSP and my WC on Replay shortly after it's purchace to my young cousins cause i was so turned off of the PSP port.

If it included Wing Commander 3 or 4, i'd most definitely put my money towards it. Heck yeah man.

I believe porting PSX games to the PSP is supposed to be very easy (if not automatic). Sony has been working on a pay-to-download service that would allow you to put older PSX games on PSP memory cards.

I know the similar service for the Wii is mostly first party stuff -- but Sony doesn't have that option, do they? It's posible we might see WC through that.

My only worry in both cases is the sheer size of it -- four disc WC3 or WC4 would stretch the limits of a UMD... so it's tough to put together a compilation of classic games on the same release.

^^^ True that, I gave away my PSP and my WC on Replay shortly after it's purchace to my young cousins cause i was so turned off of the PSP port.

Interesting. Wait, no, the other thing: tedious.

Back