RELEASE: Wing Commander II Campaign Demo

After a lots of trys (don't count it anymore ._.) we done it!
screen0102.jpg
Nav clear...
screen0103.jpg
ups...no!
screen0104.jpgscreen0106.jpg
you see here some are in stealth but see the dmgsmoke :) The Grikakh VDU is a placeholder. I need here a Strakha Ani File :/

Strakha has 2 Laser, 3 DF and 3 Spear.

Another short update:

The SCP Member Valathil has made a new build. In 3.6.13r we now able to see shadows on the models :)

here a few pics:
screen0123.jpgscreen0124.jpgscreen0125.jpgscreen0126.jpg
As you can see on the models now the shadows from the barrels of Venture guns or turrets or from the Wings of a Kamekh. On the Jutland the Radar is a moving subsystem and also the shadow is moving. The thrusters on the Kamekh has also look better. Not seeing in this pic but when its move: Like cars you see a steam from the engines :)

I use this build now for my campaigns :)

Edit: Another :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rMXwlTNqzA
Thx to FekLeyrTarg he uploaded my Strakha Test. There some things missing: Music, FX for Cloak/Decloak, some other things on the mission itself. I think I need to increase the cloaking time and that the Strakha goes two times into stealth (70 and 35 % Hits left - here only on 50 %) What do you think about it?

Request for help :(

Hi, We now have with the help of Cybot078 a lot of models for Last Line of Defence. With his help we now have also the last stations for your Enigma Mod:
enigmamissing.jpg

and he give me his Sol Sector Base Station:
hq-station-jupiter-jpg.3748
We want to use your textures we already used for the Kilrathi and Terran ships and station. But we need help: We need someone who can texture the models for the mod. Pls help to finish Enigma 2666 ;)

Greetings
Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Model running:
Prince Thrakhath Elite Guard on your command:
screen0128.jpg
The Drakhri MK 2. The design is a little bit different with the Dralthi VII we see in the Cover from WC Academy or Privateer. So we can use this as a prototype for the later "cheaper" version Dralthi VII. The Armament of the Drakhri MK2 are 5 Laser and 3 Fang Missiles. Armor and Shields are the same of the Jalkehi Class

Kevin send me a shippack with the WC1 Kilrathi Fighters and a Dorkir. Now only the Ralari missing and the Starpost needs textures then the WC1 Fleet is done. Sivar is missing, but here there is no model done. Here the pics:
screen0131.jpgscreen0132.jpg
Big thx to him and the Standoff Team for the permission to use the models ;)

The Drakhri MK 2. The design is a little bit different with the Dralthi VII we see in the Cover from WC Academy or Privateer. So we can use this as a prototype for the later "cheaper" version Dralthi VII. The Armament of the Drakhri MK2 are 5 Laser and 3 Fang Missiles. Armor and Shields are the same of the Jalkehi Class

How come nobody ever makes a "Mark Zero" older version of a fighter? Gears of War pulled off the Retro Lancer... we can do it too! ;) (more powerful armor, but less powerful shields; faster, but lower turn radius; more guns, but more widely spread out; etc, etc)

Very cool, my question, unless there has been a change in the code, can the freespace engine handle branching storylines? And if not, how do you plan to handle that in the mod, pick a single track, possibly with the most missions and go with that?

If I saw that Snakier in Standoff, I would have run away immediately. You thought the UE Fralthi was painful, that looks downright fatal. It's scarier than the Plunkett and that thing has 4 massive triple turrets.

Nomad Terror said:
I really do like the idea of a transitional model from the Drakhri to the Dralthi VII.

Or the other way around, since the Dralthi VII looking models show up in SWC.

Just a little update:

screen0164.jpg

Starpost (model by Cybot078, Textures by FekLeyrTarg and me
screen0166.jpg
screen0167.jpg

Kilrathi Supply Depot
Model and Textures by Zohrath, Converted to FS2 by FekLeyrTarg, Lightmaps my myself :)

Deathsnake, where can we keep up with the latest version of the download for this? Will you be updating the mod to work with the full version of the Saga release?

I think Deathsnake mentioned that he wants to bring this mod to the Saga engine as soon as the SDK is available.

The first Pic of Confed Fighters for Enigma 2666:
screen0003cc.jpg

The Crossbow and Epee needs another texture to match with the other ones and should be a little big shorter :) Morningstar and Broadsword is not done yet. Gilgamesh and Clydesdale follow soon :) Kilrathi fighters needs only new textures. But all Capitalships needs an upgrade or a complete new model :/

I really like those saga-fied (or scooby-fied?) ship models. Can't wait to fly them.
One minor thing, but that could just be me: I think the gun textures are "too" detailed. They have a very clear, detailed shape, covering them in so many stripes, bolts and normal maps actually takes away from that detail in my opinion.
Then again, i probably noticed this only because the first thing i did when saga came out is extract all the models and look at them in all their glory.

Hey, those look pretty good! One thing I would suggest is to not be afraid to make your ships colorful. Not everything has to be a "realistic" metal and blue paint scheme. Part of what makes WC1/2 so graphically pleasing today, despite being technically outdated, is how charming the game's art style is. In cold dark space, a little bright color goes a long way.

Ahhh didn't realize those were mine until I brought up the full size view.

As for the Wraith question, I honestly don't like it, mainly the horrible round cockpit area and those tv antennas too.

As I see in your Upcoming Models Thread the Scimitar, Raptor and a Rapier is in works. The Hornet what I have is ok. Cutclass - I don't know if I used the ship :/

I really like those saga-fied (or scooby-fied?) ship models. Can't wait to fly them.
One minor thing, but that could just be me: I think the gun textures are "too" detailed. They have a very clear, detailed shape, covering them in so many stripes, bolts and normal maps actually takes away from that detail in my opinion.
Then again, i probably noticed this only because the first thing i did when saga came out is extract all the models and look at them in all their glory.
To be honest I like the way he did them, it really is a matter of taste. As to Wraith I always saw it as specialized ECM ship, more like armed and armored AWAC or a platform toward developing Excalibur. Still nice to see space coffin AKA Epee back, I do have soft spot toward it. Special mention should go to Crossbow, it really looks good considering how it looked in WC2.
Still fantastic job.

Back