Really Narked at Origin/EA.

viglen

Spaceman
For a long time i have been a fan and supporter of the Wing Commander Plethra.

Mocking my sad pals how play X-wing VS Tie fighter.

But no more. not only is there still no multi-player options in wing commander to extend the life of the game after compleating it but, I can even get tech support to let me compleate it.

Lucky for me this forum exists, even if it took me 30 minites to find it as its hidden away.

I am not ammused by the disfunction on the tech support for wingcomander, I can see what I need the answer to but I cant get to it. Hell if you had put it in a plain text file for me to down load I would of been happy.

Not that I'm ever imprested with a game that has problems that should never of made it out the door.

I got the old "your carrier was lost" and because I use a voodo with older drivers I got problems with video, so I followed your instructions and downloaded the update and installed it, so now I still get bad video and my PC crashes. (a hard restart type crash).

Nice.
frown.gif

I have been looking down the list of faults/bad programing/Quick get-the-add-on out so we can make more cash type, errors.
That I can get to the solutions for?, for the gold Edition. - guess what, you can't even bebotherd mantaing your web page so I can't get my problems fixed.

In short I will not be buying the update to wing commander 5, due to your inability to produce a "bug" free game. (one where the game works with all hardware at the time of production and updates for hardware produced since. And does not fall over because of poor beta testing).

If I want these type of problems I will buy BC3000.

Well, I will wait and see if wing commander six has Multi-player, support for T&L, comes on one DVD, and other nice stuff.

If so I may consider buying that. but WC Gold if off my shoping list due to the poor support I have receved.

I will have to come back to this site someday to findout what the errors are with Logitech Wingman Extreem joysticks are.

bye

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt Origin are looking at this forum, but in any case, bye then
smile.gif

------------------
Zohrath.

http://www.starlancer.net - Lancers HQ, the best source for Starlancer and Freelancer news.

although this site is not Origin, why not try giving us some info on what hardware you have(exact types of video/sound card), what drivers you have and other general specs of your machine and some of us may be able to help.

I actualy find the stupidity and ignorance of this guy quite amusing.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Does that mean your not going to help him?
redface.gif
)

If not, could you have a look at my problems? Pleeeeaase?

People think that this is an Origin board (it is technically origin supported but not maintained by them...) because of the link of the SO page.

We have some pretty good tech guys here... We can fix your problem if you ask. (The your carrier has been lost problem can be easily fixed by playing sim mission 6 or 7 for a couple of seconds.)

As far as most games go WC Prophecy and SO are not particularly buggy. Prophecy was short of rushed out the door but not at expense of single player quality but at the multiplayer game. The only two common errors that are recieved are the exploding carrier and the Voodoo 2 (It's actually quite courtious of OSI to realease a patch for V2 because there weren't even any around when the game was released.) The other problems are just obscure conflicts that any program is bound to have due to the complexity of the code and the different configurations of computers.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I never had any problems with Prophecy (original or Gold) or SO. If the game doesen't work because you have the Voodoo 2 card and the patch doesen't work (you probably instaled it wrong, just what you deserve he he) how could you have gone far enough in the game to get the Carrier is Lost message? I smell a spy from the FS2 trying to make us sad.

>Runs to his room and starts crying cause viglen upset him<
frown.gif

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Earthworm: It doesn't sound like the V2 problem (I think OSI tech support messed up again
smile.gif
) It sounds like the problem where the movies skip, this has been fixed in some cases by toggling full duplex sounds but sometimes this either isn't changable or is also caused by something else...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Hey, Earthworm, you no need to bag on this guy... he did help with the joystick thread, after all.

TC, have you ever actually seen the full-duplex thing work? I've seen a lot of people talk about it, but I don't believe I've actually seen a case where it worked.

Yep, it has worked many times on Alt.Games.Wing-commander ... It happens most often on Turtle Beach (I think that was the name of the brand) sound cards.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Back