Ranks

The ranks from the first two games are basically the same as those currently being used in America's military. In Wing Commander III, they switched to the ranks that you can see displayed all over the Chat Zone. They're as accurate and true to those in the games as possible, I believe.

Every time I've seen Space Marshal written in the past week it's been spelled wrong :( It's only one 'L' :(

WC I and II Officer Ranks (First Three):

Second Lieutenant =
o1_collar.gif

First Lieutenant =
o2_collar.gif

Captain =
o3_collar.gif

Actually in real life it depends, there are several different types of both. But there is such thing as a Fleet Admiral, which cannot be beaten in any branch, but it is only in war-time.

P.S. your quote is wrong, Admiral Tolwyn did not contact the Diligent and Blair from the Pegasus Station, it was destroyed, he contacted them from the Concordia.

I know that. I merly put the Pegasus asteriod base and didn't want to delete it and I wanted to put that quote in it to, besides its my signature.

Originally posted by WingZero
Actually in real life it depends, there are several different types of both. But there is such thing as a Fleet Admiral, which cannot be beaten in any branch, but it is only in war-time.]

Actually that is true in the USA but in such places a UK there is the equivalent rank of Admiral of the Fleet (Note the naval uniform of HRH Prince Phillip) which is an active rank.

Matt Nelson

Originally posted by Chris Blair
What about after Colonel? And what's higher? An Admiral or General? In real life there equal.

In RL the ranks are flag ranks after Col. which is your last senior rank:

AF/Army/Marines Navy

Col. Capt.

Brig. Gen Rear Adm. (Lower Half)
Maj. Gen Rear Adm. (Upper Half)
Lt. Gen Vice. Adm
Gen. Adm.

The Generals and Admirals are flag ranks and the Capt and Col are not.
Now in the WC universe the ranks of Maj. Gen and Lt. Gen are switched, I believe.

Space Marshal = Fleet Adm.

MNelson

Back