Rachel or Flint?

Iceyl86

Spaceman
Ok... um... I'm playing through Wing Commander 3 right now... instead of choosing one or the other, i decided i wanted both... I can't do w/o my engineer or a pilot... so I didn't choose. How does that affect the ending? If at all?

Iceyl86 said:
Ok... um... I'm playing through Wing Commander 3 right now... instead of choosing one or the other, i decided i wanted both... I can't do w/o my engineer or a pilot... so I didn't choose. How does that affect the ending? If at all?

Instead of a lovely lady by your side on the shuttle ride home, Blair returns somber and alone.

Never finished WC3, but I know most of the ending details by now... working my way through the story right now (thanks to WC:KS). I guess my decision will be based on what I know of Angel by the time I get to that point. Blair's a one-woman-man. If she's out there, he'd hold out for her. Otherwise, I see him as a sucker for Flint - especially knowing he and Rachel have a 'falling out' post WC3.

Nu

Iceyl86 said:
You can pick Rachel & still fly with Flint. Just make sure, after you chose Rachel, you never talk to Flint again (she's always in the elevator after that). If you ignore her, you can keep choosing her as your wingman until the end & you get a lovely lady by your side on your way back to earth. :cool: The other way around is a bit harder, because I think Rachel will block your access to the weapon loadout/ship selection, so you'd have to fly with the default loadout/ship for the rest of the game. :(

Confed said:
The other way around is a bit harder, because I think Rachel will block your access to the weapon loadout/ship selection, so you'd have to fly with the default loadout/ship for the rest of the game.

She just doesn't give you a default loadout, I think.

Not choosing Rachel just means she won't be at the ship/weapon selection screen, and your loadout will not include any missiles to start.

Mind you, I always bypassed her anyway (clicking to the right of her, on the console itself), so it's not like I missed too much. :D

lmao... if you're a player that trusts her default loadout, then don't choose her... it's like being sabotaged! You go to fly a mission without missiles. That would suck. ~~~

Nu

Back