Quick starship question....

Starblazer

Spaceman
Greetings All:

OK, I am a bit confused......bought a Demon, looks really *nice* but I have a few questions:

The stats show (I bought the $180k one) that it is decked out somewhat, but when I go to the dealer the only thing on the right screen that shows is weapons and ammo.

How do I tell what type of reactor, shields, radar it has? Does it have AB? I have the money but it would'nt let me buy it so I assumed it does. Why dosen't all the equipment show up in case I want to sell it?

Also, I know I can have more that one ship, how do I get back to the other one in case I want to sell off it's equipmet and can I sell the ship itself or should I do this before I bought the Demon. I saved in different file so that isn't a prob.

Just a little confused...no more that normal! ;>

Starblazer

That's the ship that's equipped...that stuff is builtin--just like a fighter you might get at the military...everything's there already--so you can't sell it... but on the bright side that means Basic Repair will also repair it

Go to "My Fleet" at the purchase ship screen, select the ship you want, then hit "Buy". It'll charge you 6000 to have it transfered to your current location (unless it's already there).

I got mine at Constantinople, its also at Perry, check at the ships dealer, click on any ship and it will give you a list of what they have.

*Possible Glitch in 1.0* when I bought my Demon, a "My Fleet" button showed up when I went to the dealer again I wanted to sell my Tarsus and upgrades to have the credits to outfit the Demon, hit the sell button, went from $27k to $36k.....

Whhaaaaa....??

The Tarsus was $9k, fine, but the Hunter Basic was at least $13,500k alone!
Went to last save, sold off upgrades piecemeal, and my creds went from $215k to $285k, nice! Bought Demon ($185k one) and had change left for upgrades.

I would suggest buying the $185k one (the basic with nothing is $125k) this will "save" you credits and time having to buy everything sepatately. In case you don't know...(It took me a while to figure out what came with it), it comes with a lvl 2 reactor, lvl 2 shield, afterburners, 4 light guns (yep, I said *4*), 2 missle launchers (note: 1 launcher will hold "heavy" missles ie, IFF or IR, the other will only hold light ones ie, Heatseekers, and you only get 5 missles per launcher).
A jumpdrive and what appears to be the top-of-the-line radar.

You need to do the hull, armor, up to lvl 3 reactor (I don't think it is recommended to get lvl 3 shield, draws too much power, even tho you can use a lvl1 shield with a lvl1 reactor on your Tarsus...go figure. ;>

I would also suggest (I do that alot ;>) you get Tacyon guns (Milspec weapons at Perry) they are some of the best, altho, I am wondering....a Partical gun does 14MJ damage and draws 1300/shot from reactor and a Tacyon gun does 12MJ damage and draws 800 from the reactor, the Partical is considered "medium" and the Tacyon is considered "heavy" , just wondering about that, but the Tacyon is a better buy.

I have seen (at Helen) a small cargo upgrade (20) as opposed to 50, can a Demon handle a small cargo upgrade? It comes with a 50 now.

Hope that helps (probably more that you wanted...sorry) and the questions are for those that might know...

Have fun,

Starblazer

Back