Questions of my own

Have you tried skaking missile and gun attacks from the Rays on Nightmare? For some reason they all attack me at once.

Last time I played the mission Shy Meadows was killed 5 seconds after my booster expired you see my problem??
cool.gif

------------------
There's only one thing more accurate than incoming fire-friendly fire

Last edited by a moderator:
Death's Head said:
Have you tried skaking missile and gun attacks from the Rays on Nightmare? For some reason they all attack me at once.
On nightmare only three ships can attack you at the same time. Anyhow, except from a slightly lighter missile use I don't see much difference between Nightmare and Crazy. And playing on Crazy is a little more realistic, since on Nightmare all enemy stats are increased by %20.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Plus I increased the stats of the bug ships, guns and missiles...uh oh.

Three incomming missiles spawing 3 each can be very unpleasant-esecially when I boosted the speed, acceleration, damage, and lowered the spoof.
biggrin.gif
I believe the bugs need all the help they can get. So far I died twice in the SO series this time around. Once from a bug missile and the other, from cruising into the Cerberus's 4 Hv. Particle cannon, Hv, plasma, and ten improved Tachyon turrets concentrated fire. There are only about four tachyons that can reach me from the keel but they hit like ten.
smile.gif

I know its a little off the current track, but referring to the original Qs...

No idea what the stealth prototype is.
I dont play the WC card game.

And autoslide...
How you do it has been covered. Close the scoops and coast. Why on the other hand is the problem. If a fighter has enough structure to take an afterburner (Shelton) slide with massive forces in two ways at once, then it has the stuff to coast in midspace. The lack of inclusion in the heavier or less manuverable ships is probably due to lack of manuverability. Try taking a Devestator or Longbow around without getting yourself wasted (after giving them autoslide in WCPEdit). It can only be used well in lighter fighers.

Finally on speeds and such. Credit to death for a good topspeed explanation, although it still has a few holes. However, you should be able to use your afterburner fuel at a very high rate while autosliding to get even faster...
I think the units for speed should be MPS, not KPS. This may seem a little slow but 1500 kps would make shooting at something coming the other way a bit difficult (Iwar). This is more or less typical of the annoying mistakes Origin often drops in (40M Dragon? That's bigger than a Longbow!! Try the cutscenes, where it's shown at maybe 30m. Just a little bigger than the Hellcat.

Finally on speeds and such. Credit to death for a good topspeed explanation, although it still has a few holes. However, you should be able to use your afterburner fuel at a very high rate while autosliding to get even faster...
I think the units for speed should be MPS, not KPS. This may seem a little slow but 1500 kps would make shooting at something coming the other way a bit difficult (Iwar). This is more or less typical of the annoying mistakes Origin often drops in (40M Dragon? That's bigger than a Longbow!! Try the cutscenes, where it's shown at maybe 30m. Just a little bigger than the Hellcat.

No the Dragon is at least ten meters longer than the 'Cat in the cutscene. For a ship with a power plant from a capship, and all those little things the Dragon has 40m sounds right. Also, though its KPS, I belive there was a FAQ written that explains that. When your ship gets near other ships/asteroids/or when you get to a planet, though it stays KPS in reality it is MPS.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

It's like the stealth battleship-a complete mystery. I figuired it wasn't the Xcal because that is something like F-103 or something.

I don't need the Strakha card anymore now that I can play it in SO which means I can get any view I need, but it would still be nice to see once.

As long as you have wiped out the fighters, you can do a slide to clear off the turrets. I never thought about giving the bombers autoslide much before, I'm going to have to try it!

It is 40m until canon goes into the toilet. That reminds me has anyone used the unknown missile in WCP? In the game, it calls itself Toilet Paper. LOL
biggrin.gif

------------------

DH: Here's the easiest way to solve the Cerberus problem, make the Mk. 4 a laser turret
smile.gif
Works really well when you're in a bind and have to "accidently" fly in front of it.

------------------

The Mk. 4 isn't too much of a problem. It's just that one shot is enough to down you if you take a direct hit. I like the plasma turret too much to modify it. I changed the four laser turrets to hv. particle because I thought Cerberus needed more firepower.
smile.gif

Normally I have no trouble evading the Cruiser's shots, I just got careless while two bugs were on me while chasing a red manta who wanted to lob a poseidon at the cerberus's hangar.

That wasn't nearly as bad as the first time a tried to shoot down alien CSMs in the black panther, while chasing the last one I accidentally rammed it-it wasn't pretty.
redface.gif

That was a long time ago but you never forget something like that.
smile.gif

Usually I get tired of the captain bitching at me over the com, so I just let the red Manta's do their thing
biggrin.gif

------------------

I like how you think.

I think you can do that quite easily-after all the game is supposed to be fun, maybe you should reduce the damage of Poseidon and replace the plasmas with any other gun-then they can't hurt anything but you.
biggrin.gif

My Mantas have torps with long lock times, about 16 seconds, since I beat SO on nightmare I can play around with the bugs a bit.
biggrin.gif

Wow, then the game would really be a challenge, huh?
smile.gif
You might as well just switch invulnerability on.

DH, I like how you think.
biggrin.gif

Ever loaded the Red's with nothing but mines, and watched them try and do things? I've taken the dralthi in WCP (Sim missions), set their guns to 00, set their speed to 0, and then played Sim mission 4. It was too easy. Apply power, shoot, BOOM!, apply a little more power.....

Fun
smile.gif
I came out wiht like 100 kills.

------------------

Try out level 6. Before making the bug ships tougher I had 140 kills in 13+ minutes. IF I had made the charging mass driver faster, I would maybe have had more-but that would take time to get to know how it performs.

I don't use invulnerability, but many missions would still be a challenge I imagine because you need to operate in a time limit.

Sim level 6 is amazing you have a time limit to kill a certain number of cats before returning to Midway. What is the number of cats?? I wonder if the author of that level gets a rise or somethimg from hearing cats die, because with a kill rate of one every five seconds, you are constantly hearing kilrathi death cries.

------------------

Back