Question About Violence in Wing Commander IV

TheDetective

Petty Officer
Asisde from the murder scene with Seether and the Telemon massacre scene, were there any other scenes in Wing Commander IV that showed a lot of blood and gore? I'm speaking primarily about the PC version. I have played the Playstation version, but I know that the PC version has more video, and I have never played the PC version.

Last edited:
Not much really. IIRC the PSX version forces you to defect early (there's several mission branches that have been removed in the PSX version). It's not really gory but there's a scene where Seether executes a borderworlds prisoner by shooting him in the head. There's no blood. The main one the gives the PC version an M rating over the PSXs T rating is that one Paulsen death scene. The PSX version pans up and away from the actual throat cutting whereas the PC version the camera cuts to a closeup. Both versions of that video are on the DVD version though the DVD version defaults to the less graphic version.

The scene where Seether kills the prisoner actually is on the PlayStation version. You just have to refuse to go with Vagabond during the mission where Paulsen sends you after Eisen's shuttle to go into that branch.

The scene where Seether kills the prisoner actually is on the PlayStation version. You just have to refuse to go with Vagabond during the mission where Paulsen sends you after Eisen's shuttle to go into that branch.

It's been a while since I played the PSX version. I thought they had dropped that alternate path. I do know that in the PSX version you don't get the option to chose between going to Spearadon or to Circe though. You only have one path for that section.

Not much really. IIRC the PSX version forces you to defect early (there's several mission branches that have been removed in the PSX version). It's not really gory but there's a scene where Seether executes a borderworlds prisoner by shooting him in the head. There's no blood. The main one the gives the PC version an M rating over the PSXs T rating is that one Paulsen death scene. The PSX version pans up and away from the actual throat cutting whereas the PC version the camera cuts to a closeup. Both versions of that video are on the DVD version though the DVD version defaults to the less graphic version.
I wonder why the DVD version is still M rated then? Do you think its because the more violent version is still on the disc even though it does not play?

Back