Purchasing Missle Launchers...?

Lupus

Spaceman
Where are missle launchers sold? I can't find any to purchase for a stock ship; the only ones I've seen in the game are already mounted on the starter ship or on a milspec. This has sapped all pleasure from grinding enough credits out to buy a hunter. With no missiles, it's useless.

I can find no direct info on this from searching the forums. Point me to the topic if it exists please. Otherwise, when the heck can we expect to purchase even a dumbfire launcher for stock ships?

Thanks for your answer, and for an otherwise amazingly faithful rendition of one of my favorite games, ever. 3D Kilrathi are a dream come true. ;)

-Lupus

No, You Can't...

I just tried. It loads 1 missle. Trying to purchase more missles won't let me select the missle hardpoint, which reads "Missle heat seeker: 1"

I'm on winXP. Thanks for the answer, I hope there's more to it. :)

-Lupus

To be exact, it says: "5. Heatseeker missile: 1", in orange, and the hardpoint can't be selected.

-Lupus

Yep. The Vegastrike engine mounts weapons directly to your ship's hull, so lauchers could not make it into the Remake.

Go buy some missiles and have fun. :)

So I can only mount one at a time on a non-milspec craft? I notice you used the plural "missiles". Read my post. I can't buy plural missiles. Only one. PROBLEM. DEFECT. I need to be able to turn a stock ship into a multi-missile on single-hardpoint craft. Is it that the hunter can only load 1 missile per hardpoint? I notice the AI hunters fire a tad more than 2 per fight...

-Lupus

In the interest of troubleshooting this, here is my system spec:

Athlon 2.41GHz
1GB RAM
WinXP Pro, SP 2
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700
Saitek Cyborg 3d Joystick

Is anyone else on WinXP reporting the same thing? I purchase a missle, it gets loaded on the ship, I can't load more than one, and when I launch, no matter how many times I hit "w" and then button 2, the thing won't launch. I can launch missles fine in the starter craft (tarsus). I can load multiple missiles in the launchers it lists. On stock craft, I get this defect. I am going to ship/dealer, then repair/upgrades, then clicking the upgrade/repair screen. I click ammunition, select heatseeker, click buy, click hard point 5 (light medium heavy missle). I have a tractor beam loaded on 6 (Special light medium heavy missle). When I click buy for a missile, it loads 1(one). Trying to buy another missile shows "5. Heatseeker missile: 1" and it is then in orange and no more than the first missle can be loaded. I then launch, try to fire a missle with button 2, no response. I cycle weapons by hitting "w" once, hit button 2, no response. Cycle with "w" n-times, hit button 2, same result.

That is a detailed defect report and user feedback. Please go beyond the stock answer this time.

Thanks for the responses so far.

-Lupus

Try your middle mouse button, or enter.

As for only loading one, thats strange. You know you can load more than one type of missile to a hardpoint.

I seem to remember something similar (only loading one missile to a hardpoint). I've never had firing issues, though. I'll have to check if this is recent - I havent used real missiles for three or four releases, since ive always been a proton torp fanatic.

All the player ships let you mount 10 missiles per slot (as in the original, except you don't buy the launcher) Some other ships have slots that only accept one. You probably have one of those somehow. That possibility is one of the things that will be corrected.

The Demon, for example, allows only 5 missiles in the heavy slot and 1 in the light slot.

Just to clarify: Is this an error/bug/oversight? Or is it the way it's intended?

MamiyaOtaru said:
All the player ships let you mount 10 missiles per slot (as in the original, except you don't buy the launcher) Some other ships have slots that only accept one. You probably have one of those somehow. That possibility is one of the things that will be corrected.

I have the hunter demon. So if it only allows one missile on its hardpoints that explains that. But I'm pressing the same button to fire missiles that worked on the beginner ship (joystick button 2), but I've also tried pounding every button on the joystick and jeys to get it to launch and it won't.

I guess I'll go back to my save point and grind for a centurion. The demon's missile firing needs to be looked at it seems.

Thanks for all the responses.

-Lupus

press w to cycle through your (non gun) weapons. Could be you have none selected. Do they fire when you press enter?

Keep in mind missiles need to get a lock before they can fire.

Back