PUBLICITY SCREENSHOTS (bandwidth warning!)

i believe it was matthew who did that model. in CAD no less.

-scheherazade

Of course of course it's mkruer!
Luckily this avoids any furor
Reuploading thrice
credits.html twice
Looks like there wasn't a wrongdoer

Centurion

Attachments

• Centurion3.JPG
    Centurion3.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 186
  • Centurion4.JPG
    Centurion4.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 193
It takes a photographer of great skill to capture the elusive flightgroup who STILL use ALGOL to program their spaceships ;-)

(BTW I used the dictionary to get random names for the ships in flightgroups, then I pruned out Hitler, Stalin and a few other nasty words)
but occasionally you'll see programming languages in there... like ALGOL

Really nice, I love the Dralthi VII model especially.

But still, the engine glows look iffy to me. Their perspective is weird at some screens, and I think the contrast between the white center and the blue part is too hard, ther should be a smooth transition, but that's more personal oppinion I guess.

EDIT: The environmental lighting or whatever that is on the Galaxy in the atmosphere looks relly odd, as if it's made out of cobblestones or something.

I'm not a fan of those rather extreme reflections, so I have them turned off when I play :)

Re: gothri texture
Thanks for the reminder. preliminary textures below.

Attachments

• gothri1.jpg
    gothri1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 161
  • gothri2.jpg
    gothri2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 188
Does VS use vertex or per-pixel lighting? It's hard to tell with the ambient light being that bright.

MamiyaOtaru said:
Re: gothri texture
Thanks for the reminder. preliminary textures below.
Good starting point... beats my usual "multi-colored diagonal arrows" theme. :p

So Gothris have become the interstellar billboard, eh? I guess the cats have to fund the war effort somehow. I'd love to see one with one of those "Got Milk" billboard comercials as a texture on the wings! :)

Back