Protecting the Ralari

Lunitari

Spaceman
This might be my least-favorite mission in the original Wing Commander. Is it even possible to save the Ralari? It seems to blow up just seconds after I show up.

Depends, if you just want to pass the mission it's easy. As soon as you get there, change your navpoint to the Tiger's Claw then turn around and afterburn till the autopilot light turns on then press A. Next go back to the Ralari, when you get there it's gone, and the Gratha's are on their own. Kill them then check your navmap, the Ralari is near the Tiger's Claw now, fly to it then fly with it to the Tiger's Claw.

Proper way involves volley's of missiles, telling Bossman to attack, ramming and much abuse over the com and a fair amount of luck. I'm sure someone else can explain it better in how to do it.

If you don't want to use the autopilot trick, then flying to the Ralari manually (without autopilot) also helps since when you get there, the Gratha are slightly further away, so you have more time to react. Once you get there, you have to immediately tell Bossman to attack, as that occupies one enemy ship. Then afterburn towards another one and ram it so you knock it off course and let rip with full guns. When your energy is depleted, finish it off with a missile. Even use two missiles if necessary. Try to do the same with another Gratha and hopefully your ship can survive another ramming. When there are only two Gratha left, it gets much easier. Don't expect to do this on your first go though, or even your tenth go. One time you will get lucky and complete it.

There was a thread full of usefull advice (like the above) a few weeks ago. Searching the forum is really usefull.

Back