Prophecy music

Now due to the implications already spread across the news; I do not endorse this, but:

You can always use Napster find MP3s for Wing Commander. I found a couple the other day. Now don't complain about it however; it's the same music if you ripped it yourself, or someone else did.

wink2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What a crazy week!
There`s nothing in Napster you can`t find on my "site", except for Prophecy & WCM soundtracks which I don`t post for copyright reasons (and also because I like them less)
George Oldziey`s site is at www.oldzieymusic.com

Demos, maybe, but they're pretty much the full intro of both WC3 and WC4. Plus, they're original soundtracks - the CIC Music section has the WC3 intro, but it sounds like its been recorded straight from the game, and it doesn't even have the WC4 intro.

Did you try my "site", Wedge009? It has a pretty complete WC3 intro, about 3.5 minutes long.
And btw, I did say the themes on Oldziey`s site weren`t complete versions.

I've only managed to hear a few so far, they seem pretty good. Uhh, what do you mean by your "special arrangements"? And the data flow rate goes wacky when I play them in Winamp. How does that work?

Well, I don`t know if you downloaded WC2-Inflight yet, but if you didn`t it`s a compilation of various inflight themes from the game combind into one long theme, which took some major editing using Creative`s Wave Studio program on my part. If you did download it already, you probably know what I mean.
The "data flow rate goes wacky" thing is just a neat little option called variable bit rate. What it basically means is that the program I used to reencode the music into MP3 format, allows you to choose between fixed bit rate (eg: 128 bps, which is normal quality MP3s), and variable bit rate, where the program recognizes how complex a certain part of the song is, and assigns a bit-rate to that section which still maintains good quality (you can choose, of course how good you want the quality to be). what it does, in the end, is reduce the size of the file, sometimes by up to half a meg. So there`s nothing to worry about.
smile.gif

Hey, cool, I wondered what the VBR stood for in the properties dialogue. I've played around with sounds in Wave Studio before, but my MP3 encoder seems to be of the 'fixed rate' sort. How might one get a VBR encoder? And also, I can't seem to get into your "site" at the moment. Hopefully it's a temporary server problem. I keep getting a "no such page, blah blah blah" message.

Yeah, I can`t get into my site either right now. It`s not really a site anyway, just a storage drive on a server on the net. The people at fault are Driveway.com, and they said they are experiencing some problems at the moment. I hope they`ll have it back on line soon.
About your 1st question, I use Audio Catalyst`s Audio Grabber. There you have the option to choose between fixed bit-rate, and variable bit-rate. It`s a very good program, but it isn`t free.

Yeah, I just read it now myself. I didn`t quite get the response I was aiming for, but I guess negative publicity is still publicity.
wink2.gif

There`s no escape from Death`s sarcasm, is there?

Back