Prophecy Multiplayer

TCSTigersClaw

Greek Special Forces B' Company "Naoussa" 2007-200
Well maybe this has posted before.Excuse me:eek:

Why in the Prophecy pre-release video says "in 10 multiplayer senarios" ?Prophecy supposed to have multiplayer capabilities ??:confused:

damn....it should be great....

The original idea was to have multi-player in Prophecy. Unfortunately, it didn't actually make it into the final product.

Damn... thats bad.It should be great....
I never played the Armada in multiplayer,but Prophecy should be very nice

the multiplayer with armada was a lot of fun... it was so cool to have something like that in a WC game and it worked really well...

My favorite part in Armada was the "Campaign", where you could move your carrier around and mine planets and fight for territory.

I think the idea in Armada was good, but they should have developed the gameplay a little bit. Unless you play against someone not a computer, it gets boring after a while, because you have few options to work with (just one carrier, only one resource, etc.)

he has a point... the game did get a little boring after a while but it was still a cool concept for WC... you get to control more and have more of a feel for the WC universe... that's the impression i get with privateer however i have never played it...

Reminds me of my idea of making a WC -> Master of Orion thing.
Starting on earth with 2 or 3 Carriers.
The Movie ships could be used to represend the lowest tech level.
Later you develop the systems needed to build bigger ships like the Bengal Carrier, then Concordia until you have Vesuvius and Behemoth.
Events could be the Landreich, Boarderworld War, Black Lance...beside the Kilrathi war.

If I have some free time I will start to work on that idea... it was just an idea I had a little ago playing Space Empires IV.

Armada is OK.But it should be better if it was a MasterOf Orion Style2 (I havent played MasterOfOrion1) game.:D

I do like MoO2 very much, but since it isn't possible to fly your ships in that game I don't think it'd would have been a very good WC concept. Some elements of Orion could have been used in Aramda but WC is mainly a spacecombat sim.

Im talking about the "strategy" part Mekt.Ofcourse I want to fly the ships....
It should be great. :)

There such a game around. It is called "Allegiance".
You fly around in different kinds of ships, like scouts, stealth fighters, Interceptors, Bombers (plus 2 guys on the turret guns), Fighters, even Capital ships(up to 4 guys on turret guns).
The game consists of battles, that are 10 minutes up 6 hours long, one team has to beat all the other teams (up to six teams in total). Every team has a commander, planning the strategy, developing new tech for his team, building new outposts.
Oh, did I mention, it is a multiplayer only game? KIs are only used to drive around cunstructor ships, every one else is a human player!
You might not have heard of the game, it received wonderful ratings, but was not promoted enough.
It is completly free nor, no monthly charge.
Here is a link to places that still sell it:
http://www.allegiancehq.org/asp/sf2k_v33_033/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=284
If you want further information, here is a link to a review:
http://www.avault.com/reviews/review_temp.asp?game=allegiance
The game has been abandoned by their producer, but the community is still developing new mods. http://www.allegiancehq.org

If you need any further assistance of if you have any questions, feel free to contact me :)

Back