Prophecy Movie Upgrade (2/3) (October 6, 2006)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
You asked for it -- we are pleased to present the second of three sets of high resolution Wing Commander Prophecy movie files. Download the set here (1 GB). This collection includes Hawk's story arc, the landing on Dula VII and firing the plasma weapon. In all, 46 movies in .VOB format. You can still find the first part here. Stay tuned for the final batch!

--
Original update published on October 6, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually away when the first batch was released so I only just found out about it, I am so thankful to you LOAF it is unreal.

Hello,
I am new to this site, but I really enjoy it and especially it's content, namely the HIRES Prophecy files. Since I am planning to compile them onto a DVD, I am facing one problem: The files are obviously out of order (if I am not very much mistaken!). Since I do not have the game itself available at this time to replay it and figure out the most correct sequence myself, I wondered whether anyone could provide a listing which would put the file numbers in the most chronological order possible. I have also tried to download the WCP script from this site for some hints, but only the second draft is working, the final draft cannot be downloaded. So, if anyone knows how to put these files together to a nice movie by describing the best sequence of the individual files, I would be more than thankful!

The files are in order, but many of the briefing beginnings/ends and the losing endings are right at the end because they can be played at any point during the game. They'll be in pack 3.

Yeah, the files within each movie pack are in order, but I do not believe that after combining the files from the three packs together it will make much sense, if you know what I mean. Please correct me if I am wrong! Anyway, thanks for the replies...

outerheaven23 said:
Yeah, the files within each movie pack are in order, but I do not believe that after combining the files from the three packs together it will make much sense, if you know what I mean. Please correct me if I am wrong! Anyway, thanks for the replies...

The numbers are all in order. THe numbers are the same as the PC version. The only oddities are when there are multiple versions of a particular movie. It's not out of order, just wierd when all viewed together. The numbers are sequential and do not restart with each set.

Any chance of getting WC3 or WC4(DVD version) videos as well?

Not at this time. The WCIV videos are available as part of a commercial product, so we can't post them... and no source of high quality WC3 videos is known.

Oh, I see. I had gotten the impression after checking pack 2 after pack 1 there would be some problems in terms of sequence of files. Again, I haven't played the game for some time, so I couldn't really tell whether it was all correct or not. So, it seems to make sense putting the given numbers together creating a single file (except for the multiple ending stuff). In that case, everything is just fine. Sorry for bothering you all with this, I had just thought something was off...

Back