Prologue Released!

Just finished it. The missions are very good and challenging. I like the idea of the player being just another rookie pilot, not a superhero destined to save the universe. The fiction, in-flight dialogue and voice acting is great, helps to build up the atmosphere. The last mission is really intense, I look forward to the epic battles in the next episodes. I had more fun with this game than with most new professional productions. Great work!

@ Space Pirate,

Glad you enjoyed it! Again, just a reminder, once you have finished all the missions, you can replay them again from the simulator (found in the tech room) and you can also access other sim missions that we have created (in the simulator under the "single mission" tab). Those include a bombing run in a Longbow where you support multiple friendly cap ships in battles against Kat cap ships, as well as defending a carrier. We have also included some gauntlets, so don't miss them.

It is pretty nice, i enjoyed the first missions....until i failed because i wasn't in formation with the Major :p

so I replayed the mission and the break and attack came so late that I was already being slapped around by pirate missiles... are you guys seriously this anal that you can't allow for a break and attack when the pirates first show up on radar?

especially when a single hit seems to blow the crap out of me... I'm really tired of failing this mission.

Doing what you are told as a wingman is important - you don't always have the big picture. If you are #2, be disciplined, do what you are told and ask questions later, respond with "two", mayday, bingo, or I'll take the fat chick and one day you too may be given the opprotunity to lead....

Seriuosly though, I enjoyed the real life aspect of being required to show some flight disciplne and not just gallavant through a game willy nilly.

I'm almost done with the prologue, Saga team - and once again THANKS!!!!!!!

Whoa seriously professional. This game is amazing, I'm loving every minute of it, even though I've repeated the 2nd and 3rd missions like 7 times each now...

It is way difficult... like, I keep thinking I must be getting the hang of it but NO! try again... I am tearing my hair out, and beginning to lose interest.

but thanks for putting all the work into it that you have, its worth it to get shot down in this way.

Doing what you are told as a wingman is important - you don't always have the big picture. If you are #2, be disciplined, do what you are told and ask questions later

I think it's cool that you're disciplined for not following orders, but I also find that just getting booted out of the mission is somewhat... limiting on the player's freedom. If I fail to get into formation I would rather have my wing leader say something like "get into formation NOW!" and then, if I still fail to comply "Have it your way then, this will go on my report, pilot!". You ccould have a running total of the amount of reprimands the player receives, and have him court marshaled when he exceeds a certain amount. Seriously though, getting immediately thrown out of the game when you do something wrong is absolutely *horrible* for immersiveness, and, IIRC, neither FS2 or Wing Commander have ever ended a mission that way, and for good reason. If you're going to have the player fail a mission because he did something wrong, at least do it after he lands at his carrier, not in the middle of the action.

P.S.

I'm sorry if I sound overly negative -- I do love the prequel -- but the more I play it, the more I find things I don't like or think could be done better, and I want to see Saga become as good as it can.

very impressed so far, almost through the prequal. Had the same mission failure for not being close enough in formation when the pirates were around... was a bit annoying to be honest but at the same time I do realise you're not in command of the squadron and shouldn't be allowed to just do whatever you want.

one bug I found... in the mission where you're following around the fake signal to draw you away from the carrier group.. i failed it the first time and sped things up the second time by using the time compression... the guys were still talking by the time I reached the darkets and they just sat there and let me blow them all away without even trying to move or attack until all the speech had finished.

the guys were still talking by the time I reached the darkets and they just sat there and let me blow them all away without even trying to move or attack until all the speech had finished.

Weird, in regular FS2 when you use TC even though the speech lags, everything else plays at the right speed. Maybe it's something to do with the way the Saga team uses FRED?? An easy solution, I would think, would be to disable time compression as a bindable key.

an interesting idea.. but when replaying missions you do want to skip past the chit chat you've already heard and get right into it again... time compression helps that. the enemies should probably just not be standing still, or should react to you when you get within a certain distance.

saga

hey just finished it!fantastic well done!!!
any chance u put cheats in like unlimited amo etc etc???

I think he means missile weapons :)

Many Wing Commander games have had these cheats built into the options menu, in order for less experienced players to beat tougher areas.

Weird, in regular FS2 when you use TC even though the speech lags, everything else plays at the right speed. Maybe it's something to do with the way the Saga team uses FRED?? An easy solution, I would think, would be to disable time compression as a bindable key.

time compression can cause several scripts to be skipped. Although in this particular mission enemy behaviour is tied to the dialogue.

You could also try a gamepad if you have one. The game works nicely with the xbox 360 controller.

Can you bind the keys with the Xbox 360 controller? I tried but it wouldn't register anything. In game I could control pitch and yaw but no guns etc. I can set the controls for my regular joystick but not the 360.

Oh, and is there any way to enable my throttle?

Great work on this BTW, enjoying it immensely.

1. use "absolute throttle axis"
2. XBox Controller works flawlessly with the game. If you have problems with the standard launcher setting (e.g. Xbox360 Controller), then try using Resolve0/1, Force0/1 instead.

Back