Projections on a release date?

Tolwyn said:
I guess you misinterpreted me: I was talking about compressed data package Uncompressed it may range between 50-100 mbs. These are mostly interface files, that will be replaced by our own interface only by the time the full game will be released. Until then, we are going the same way as The Babylon Project. We are using FS2 interface as a template and add a fancy render as a background.

Oh, right. When you said compressed package I thought you meant a compressed package of FS2 which will contain everything needed to play Saga :D. That was a pretty stupid way of interpreting it when I think back. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up anyway.

Yeah, the interfac is one of my biggest dislikes there. But if the rumors are true, we'll get an easy to mess with template file sometime in the future that'd allow us to make fancy WCish computer interfaces with screen borders around them and all.

Dyret said:
That's nice. Will you get it before the demo release?

The answer is simple: no. There are many reasons for this; most importantly it is very difficult to implement. And even if it would be done in time, which I seriously doubt, we will have to replace 1000 of interface images.

I want saga now, surely the time is ripe. How long do you think it will be chaps. I realise that you all have other things to do as well and these things take time but in my defence I am inherently impatient and want to play a new WC very very soon.

Any idea would sooth the soul

Can't say any date but as soon as the betatesting for the prologue is finished and hopefully all the bugs are gone.
You see we have some progress going...its not that long anymore...I guess ^_^

well it depends on how many bugs will be encountered while beta testing, but I am confident that the heavier ones are already gone. The exact release date depends on the engine development by the SCP team. Actually the release could be in two weeks. But it could also take 8 weeks to implement features we need.

On the other hand: I'd like to ask people for patience. Otherwise give me the magic formula for creating a huge game like this in a 3 months with a team that is on a part time schedule. Believe it or not, we want this game completed more than anyone but we are not going to release a buggy, boring and visually lacking product.

that is fair enough chaps. I can understand that you can't rush these things. We all want it to look and play great. I'm just a naturally impatient type of guy. Helps get things done I find.

Keep me posted and I will be a happy teddy.

I agree... fair enough. I'm glad that you're not following in Microsoft's footsteps and releasing a project that's not ready for the general public here. But we are getting ansy. :)

It is possible for you and others to apply to help the process along. I think we are still looking for more model and texture artists to finish up a few things, and also possibly more voice actors and such. If anyone is interested in moving the good work along here, just let the team know.

I have experience with voice acting (don't ask...), and I would be willing to contribute if you tell me what you want. Anything that can't be done with just a mic and the basic windows recorder? I have a pretty deep male voice (at least I hope I have a male voice still)... used to do radio broadcasting before I got into the military. Just contact me at teflashfire@yahoo.com

Happy to be of service (if you want me)

FlashFire82 said:
I agree... fair enough. I'm glad that you're not following in Microsoft's footsteps and releasing a project that's not ready for the general public here. But we are getting ansy. :)

More like Micro$ucks! Am I right?

Hey there guys,
I may have already done some voice stuff for the game but I dont actually remember.

If not then please feel free to give me something meaty, I want an interesting role, perhaps a hot blonde....getting carried away, whatcha got left.

micro$$$$haft

Will there be versions for different operating systems? Perhaps general instructions on how to go about using it on different operating systems (for example, "compile a freespace binary then put it in this directory)?

FlashFire and other interested voice actors,
Check out the different scenarios listed in the "Voice Acting" thread in this forum, then record and submit them to Tolwyn for your audition. He'll let you know where to go from there.

Back