Progress Update

Dundradal: Maybe - I certainly hope not.

I've got a rather old laptop that I use currently. It cries during certain Standoff missions and runs at about 4 fps if I try to play something like C&C Generals. Don't worry this is just more motivation to upgrade.

It keeps getting better, Howard! :D

I pity the Kat that takes a direct hit from one of those turrets... they're huge! I think this shot really puts them in perspective. Also in that shot, do the launch bays have dual (redundant?) force fields?

The engines ooze raw power; the layout reminds of the rear of a Star Destroyer. Out of interest, do we know if the Bengals use a different or unique propulsion system as they don't seem to have the anti-matter intakes seen on certain other (some older) capital ships, such as the Yorktown class, Concordia class, Sheffield class, etc?

Is there any chance when you've finished this baby of putting together a brief flyby animation to show it off, perhaps with a Hornet sweeping round and coming in to land? A bit cheeky maybe, but an HD (say 720p) render would be great! :D

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question, Howard. Your analysis definitely makes sense to me. It's really insightful to see the screenshots right next to each other...

I think your Bengal keeps getting better and better. I love scale modeling with wood, plastic, and metal - I wish I could do modeling on the computer like that!!:D

If you get stuck for a name, might be fun to do something with a link to the real world. Maybe TCS Origin's Dream, or something like that...

ooh, and I'd love a version for a wallpaper...man, I want to stare at this battleship all day!

So, on the subject of Kilrathi comm messages, does anyone have some they'd like recorded? I'll take any and all requests! Just know that some of them might end up in the game, other than that, you're free to do with them as you wish!

So, on the subject of Kilrathi comm messages, does anyone have some they'd like recorded? I'll take any and all requests! Just know that some of them might end up in the game, other than that, you're free to do with them as you wish!

"I shall mount your head in my lair Ape!"

"Terra shall become my personal hunting grounds monkey!"

"When we are done your worlds will be nothing but burnt out cinders!"

"Bugs Bunny will pay for your incompetence with his life!"

"I take great pleasure in toying with you feeble Ape!"

Those are some of the ones that just popped into my head.

I actually recorded a handful of kilrathi voiceovers for Standoff that ended up not getting used. They sound not unlike yours, though my voice is a bit different than yours. I don't have a place to host them, but if you're interested, I'll e-mail a rar file to you.

I actually recorded a handful of kilrathi voiceovers for Standoff that ended up not getting used. They sound not unlike yours, though my voice is a bit different than yours. I don't have a place to host them, but if you're interested, I'll e-mail a rar file to you.

I thought they were going to be implemented in Ep5?

Right, the voices for the Drakhri? I remember someone mentioning that, long ago. Also, Dundradal....Do enjoy.
http://www.hedfiles.net/~hday/kilrathiaudiotest3.wav
The only one I'm not completely satisfied with is the second - the personal hunting grounds one. I kept running out of air trying to do it. This is the best I could do on that, but there's a good reason for the taunts to be short. :D

Nothing like a quick turn around time :)

Although some of them are a bit hard to hear/understand because of the voice effects. Is there any way to make them clearer?

Thought of some others as well.

"Your death is for the glory of Sivar!"

"I shall feast on your flesh Terran!"

"For the glory of Kilrah!"

"Your weapons are no match for my own!"

Hey you asked for suggestions :D

That's a lot better, although (I'm not sure about the correct vocab for audio so bare with me here) it sounds like there are two "growling" tracks been played, I hear your voice, but it also sounds like another Kat is just growling into the mic at the same time.

Also, I like the last one there buddy....that wasn't intended to be a taunt but I see you recorded it anyways :D

Back