Problems with WC4-DVD under WinME

Laserschwert

Spaceman
Well, I luckily got the WC4-DVD off of EBAY, but sadly it doesn't run as I want it to.

After having the thing installed and executing it, I get the message:

Error - Movie Not found: K:\vob\sc_a001.vob

I don't know if I remembered the filename correctly, but he's talking about the intro-movie file... I know it, because I have played that file separately with PowerDVD and it works fine.

The problem with this is: That path is correct! And the file does exist at that path! Why does he tell me that the file's not there?

By the way, if I skip the intro he tells me that the next movie file isn't there either... neither is the next one... and so on.

But I don't think that would make the program not to find the file... if it wouldn't display the movie correctly, I might agree on your theory. But this is an error that can't be hardware-dependent...

I pretty sure WindorkME is the problem...

No, that's exactly the error you have when trying to play it on something other than the hardware it was intended for (with a very select few exceptions).

Try installing the drivers for the Hollywood+. It's the same board as the DxR 3, but its drivers do work with WC4.

OK, now I installed the Hollywood+ drivers, and the error-message no longer appears. Unfortunately the screen stays black instead, and the DVD-drive isn't doing a thing... ARRGH...

Back