Privateer: How do you get started?

I was just about to look for the asteroid, but I will not now! I have just upgraded to the centurion because I am sick of getting whipped!

After playing RF, I also went back to Priv and looked for the hidden jump points that led to the retro's system. Too bad they weren't there, huh?

However, the jump point from Rikel to Eden is present at the beginning of RF. :)

I was trying to find this picture before, but LOAF posted it again in another thread. I still think it's quite amusing...

HAHA! That's pretty darned funny. Plus, I absolutely love that picture of the Tarsus. Man, as unbecoming as it was, I still loved that little boat. . . until I died in it. Then I hated it for an hour or two.

That goes to show the difference effects make - I'm pretty sure that's the same model as LOAF's.

I do think reflections in VS are overdone, though... looks bad, specially when you don't have any bump mapping. And in the Tarsus' particular case, the plain dark blue cockpit windows ruin the otherwise hi-res look of the ship.

Tarsus!
:D

Attachments

• Tarsus.jpg
    Tarsus.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 146
Just for the record...

I finally decided to retire from Privateer + RF:
4121 kills with 649 missions and 7715678 credits.
35 mercenaries, 1038 Kilrathi, 2040 pirates and 1008 Retros.

I can't believe how quickly Gemini's bad guys repopulate the systems. :)

Wow, you bothered playing for much too long... I get bored after getting all the equipment, stop for a while and start a new game.

hmmmm....unfortunatly my privateer is a lost cause and wont work no matter on what system, any of u know where i can get a new copy, or copy that works?

yeah ebay would have it, but then again, i dont like giving cred details out, i wonder if there would be a copy at a comp swap meet.....hmmm intersting this is.

thanks mortal' good to be back

my way

Hello,

I first sell the Laser and the dump fire's. Buy 10 FF's and go out, hunting for Retros (with the missions of course).The Pirates ? After a couple of times, begging for mercy they are friends :). Because you don't have a colored Radar you have to communicate to see who is the enemy. As soon as possible join the Mercenary's Guild and money will not longer be a problem.

Ciao Hans

Kinda Cheating

One way to make a little money at the very beginning of the game with no risk whatsoever is to buy commodities at a low price. Then save, and keep loading that save untill you get a good price, and then sell them. Save, keep loading untill you get a low price and repeat the process.

I know it's kinda cheating, but it's a good way to get enough money to get that essential afterburner and jump drive so you can start those lucrative cargo runs.

Starting from scratch is always the hardest bit. Once you've accumulated 'enough' upgrades, the game becomes easier. Of course, how much is 'enough' is dependent on each player.

Back