Privateer&Righteous Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyer2001

Spaceman
Privateer&Righteous Fire

I downloaded privateer and I have been really enjoying it. I heard that there was a privateer add-on called Righteous Fire. Does anyone know where I can download it if it's available?

Ooook then, I think someone needs to give the ol' rules a visit.
How many minutes do you think it'll be until this thread is closed[and for good reason I might add] ?

yes it is called BUYING IT, go to ebay and pay for it, like somebody who isn't a common thief and criminal

Humm before we get to far gone into our stone throwing, purhaps we should , consider that he was simply unaware of some aspect of what he is asking. Taking that possibility and running with it for a moment.

Fyer2001, Wing Commander Privateer is/was a comercial product that IS protected under various copywrite laws that will in no way invalidate in our lifetime, not forseeing any change in the current legal system. Downloading such a product with out having purchased set product is in violation of such laws. If you were under the impression it was abandonware and that abandonware is legally downloadable you were mistaken. If you were under the impression it was freeware and as such legally downloadable, you were mistaken. As such assuming you do not have a legal purchased copy, downloading it was an illegal act even though you may not have been aware of that. While you have already broken the law, and to my knowledge that fact can in no way be altered, my advise to you would be to delete privateer. No need to keep the bloody gloves lying around :) .
Afterwords based on your 'really enjoying it' I would suggest you attempt to legally obtain privateer. If I am not mistaken the cd versions of privateer [I know at least two cd versions do] include both the addon you are seeking as well as the speech pack. Both of which are likely to greatly enhance your gaming experience. To go about obtaining it ebay as well as local software stores would be good places to start your search.

Happy gaming.

c'mon guys.
It seems like you have never downloaded illegal software!
I bet that at least once you did it!
what fyer2001 has done in my opinion is quite right. think about it:
why loosing money for a game that comes from the jurassic era? most importantly, why giving money to EA? This will never change the future of wing commander anyway.
BTW sometimes you don't have any other solution but to download it. e.g. i live in italy. No computer store still sells privateer and buying it @ ebay would cost really a lot including the postal shipment!
what really MATTERS here is that a good guy has decided to enjoy the wing commander saga gaming and he liked it really a lot!
So, instead of blaming him, why not welcome him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back