Privateer 2: The Darkening

Karthik@KANE

Spaceman
Is it true that the budget and sets for Privateer 2 is much more bigger than WC4? I've been thinking of buying it but I only the DOS version. Is there a patch to make it run on Windows like WC4?

The budget for Wing Commander 4 was, at least at the time, the largest budget for a game, ever...

Privateer 2: Deluxe is W9x native.

Your sig is stupid.

If you buy Privateer 2, don't expect it to be anything like WC games. Well . . it's remotely similar, but the atmosphere is all wrong . . . and the movies and acting weren't that great. It was like watching a dream in every sequence. The whole game just had that feel: like a bad dream.

But, of course, it had a redeeming point or two. Both of them are found on Mathilda May. Mmmmm . . .

No, Privateer 2's budget was more along the lines of Wing Commander 3 (~4 million) than WCIV.

TC said:
The budget for Wing Commander 4 was, at least at the time, the largest budget for a game, ever...

Privateer 2: Deluxe is W9x native.

Your sig is stupid.
Hmm....I see!
About my sig, I never asked your opinion. :D

you know, a friend of mine and i disagree about this. he says that WC4's flight is much more exciting than privateer's. well, it's true that the communications in privateer are awful compared to WC4's(from hunter to hunted: prepare to die :p:p:p) and that you generally don't feel like you are truly in a cockpit, but i think the graphics are better and the weapons are also better. generally we both agree that they spent too much money on the videos and look as if they didnt have enough money to make the flight better :rolleyes:

The flight engine felt more like you were flying under water than in space. WC2 often feels the same way for me. I prefer WC4 over Privateer 2 anyday.

And, with that, I now have 150 posts. I'm now a 1st Lt AND a "regular". Congrats to me!

Back