Privateer 2 for Windows problem

D

Dopes

Hello

I have the EA Classics release of Privateer 2 for WINDOWS and I cannot get it to run for longer than 30 minutes before it hangs or crashes to the desktop during spaceflight with the error "the application instruction referenced memory at fffffffffff. The memory could not be read from"
I have tried everything I can over the last 5 years to fix this problem and I have sent emails to EA regarding it. I have come to the conclusion that directX has nothing to do with it since I have tried the game with all my hardware being directx certified as well as disabling all hardware acceleration and anything else that has been suggested by EA.
Does anyone know of a Windows patch for Privateer 2.
U guys are my last hope, pleez help as it would be great to actually play the game after all these years.

Hmm...

I think there's a patch in the downloads area.

*scurries off to check*

Go here. There's one at the top and a couple down in the 'Tools/Editors' section.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that patch only applies to the dos version.
Whoever made the upgrade to windows (EA...?) didn't care too much about windows and its memory problems and that's why it keeps stuffing out. I don't think it's a difficult problem to fix its just that i don't have any patching experience. EA just keep on asking for my f&^%in directx information which i've sent to them about 10 times. They've got bots running those techsupport desks i tell u!!!

yip, i've tried those patches before but to no avail-damn
thanx anyway Moonsword ;)

Unfortunately I can´t help much since, with the exception of Prophecy, all of my WC games are MS Dos versions.
However, please post which version of Windows you are running, plus your computer specs.
The people on this forum with Windows/WC experience/solutions NEED this information in order to be able to help you.

okay, well i have a
P3 450,
392MB Ram,
Windows 98SE,
Directx 8......
u c the thing is; i've run it on quite a few other computers with different hardware specs and it still experiences the same problems.

I'm having issues as well... I'm running the MS-DOS version on Windows XP - it randomly hangs after a while (I did the DOS -> XP patch). Anyone help me out?

Back