Privateer 2 Deluxe bugs - help?

Dix

Spaceman
Hi all,

Just got hold of Priv2 (the windows version), but i seem to have got stuck in an impossible mission - I've been hired to kill all the pirates around a planet (i've forgotten the name, it's the "birthplace of humanity" one), but at one nav there is always a military prototype with about 7 pirates - it ignores the pirates and kills me in about 2-3 seconds, avg. :eek: .

torpedos don't hurt it , and if i insult it via comms then it insults me back, showing up as a kiowan warhawk (again, i think - this was being played at 5:30 am before work :p ). def. kiowan, anyway.

If i use the "no talent" cc then i can kill it, but i will either die randomly later or Prv2 crashes when i try to land. As far as i can see, there are no patches for the Win version of the game, and I can't find any listings for this prob - any ideas?

Anhur is the planet. Doesn't sound like the main plot. Have you tried landing without attacking the prototype? Stingray Torpedoes also should be sufficient to damage it.

Yup - the game crashes if i land, and i've tried all the torps - only one that has any effect is the anti-shield one, even if i use that first the rest just go boom and look pretty :) - it's not main plot, just my main save game, unfortunately :( . Time to reload, i guess

Back