Power distribution

>WC2 Last mission: Thrak put up quite a challenge. This mission deserves Average at least.<

Not realy, it took me some time to kill him but that's because his fighter is more manuverable, he didn't do any damage to me.

>WC2 SM2 Last mission: This one was easy, but that's because it was after the climax. You were returning to the Concordia, and just had to get rid of Jazz. The real climax, however, was the Ayer's Rock mission, which was not easy.<

The Ayer's Rock was very easy to destroy using the Mace, IIRC there were 5 Sabres defending it. Just nuke the base quickly, and than you could run back to your ship. And even if you want to fight the Sabres, they're not that much of a chalange anyway. They don't have rear guners, and the Morningstar is a superior dogfighter compared to the Sabre.

>WC3 Last mission: Yep. That one was easy. I was particularly annoyed when I accidentally killed Thrak by colliding into him. My ship was just about undamaged.<

You survived? What dificulty did you play it on? Oh that reminds me of something. Did anyone except me use the T-bomb on Thrahtakh by and acident?

>WC4 Last mission: Well, Seether was good. But apart from that, this mission was easy. Still, you can't really expect anything else, when the mission was really about speed rather than skill or strength. Perhaps if there had been a time limit...<

You're right that mission was about time, but Seethers AI should have been better. I can kill him on nightmare within the first few seconds of the fight.

>WCP: Ah, now that wasn't that easy. It wasn't too hard, but not _that_ easy.<

Now that was easy. At the end of that mission I have usualy about 90 kills. It's basicly runing around shoting everything that shows up. It was a fun mission, but it wasn't hard, more like a test of patience.

>SO: Easy to finish, but not so easy to survive, since you're sitting in a Devastator.<

That mission was way to easy. Just go straight for the Dreadnought finish it and take out some fighters before the time runs out. You can take out the transports before you hit the Dreadnought, not required though, and doesen't make the mission much harder

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Earthworm: Keep in mind that I am not one of those super-human WC players. My skill is, at most, average. BTW, I generally play on Ace. Apart from SO, I hardly ever play on any higher difficulty levels.

I don't consider myself a super pilot either, but those missions realy are to easy for me as far as a last mission in a game should be. You play on Ace? I usualy play WC3 and WC4 on that level too, but when I crashed into Thrak in WC3 I still died.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Maybe Thrak likes me more than he does you
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardest mission I ever played, period. Took me so many tries I finaly got pised and uninstaled WC2. Few months later I tried again and after few days of trying I finaly got through it.

------------------

So do I.

------------------

But than it wouldn't be fun.
frown.gif
The first time I played WC1 was with invurebility and it sucked. It was too hard to finish since I was so spoiled from Prophecy, I kept crushing into fighters and capships. When no one can kill you, the game is realy boring and I almost gave up on it.

------------------

Quarto - I know that it is easier if the Shy Meadows mission is completed, but unfortunately my SO suffers from the strange bug that Romale had (Shy Meadows occasionally blows up before I even get clear of the Cerberus) so I was forced to go the alternate and much harder path.
The last Prophecy mission isn't all that hard it's just that it is long and there is a lot of space to cover so I use up a lot of fuel chasing down Bug ships that are far away...I can solve this by using Autoslide to conserve fuel but I sometimes forget it
smile.gif

The final mission in SO was a complete letdown. The only problem I ever had was from the Devil Rays (damn nippy buggers) and my wingmen occasionally going after the Wormhole Device...not the smartest move on Amazons part!!

Oh, and in Prophecy I usually play it on Nightmare (the others are way to easy), but SO is usually set for Hero...less missiles coming my way!

------------------
'For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky'.

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions
http://saturn.spaceports.com/~wcsom/index.html

Kalkrath: And you actually finished WC 2 KSaga? It _always_ crashes on me (like I said, Novaya Kiev).

I never found KS to be problematic. Sometimes it crashes, but not to often. What machine do you have? I have a P200, Win 95, 32 RAM, 24XCD, and I'm using DirectX 6.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Hmm. Well, the machine I played it on had DX5 (and I also tried it on one with DX2). I admit that I haven't really tried it on my new computer, which has DX6.
Anyway, I can't remember much else about the machines I tried it on. I guess I'll just check if it will work here.

Damn, one of these days, I'm really gonna have to get a joystick. I usually play with mouse, but KSaga controls are also pretty bad.

You're playing with a mouse? That's unnatural, how can you fly a fighter with a mouse. The stick is the only way to go.
smile.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Yeah, it sucks.
smile.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

I also prefer the keyboard. Though I only use it for Privateer. (don't have a stick that works in DOS)

------------------
Gen. Patton

It didn't work on mine untill I got some (OK a lot) of help from Stinger from the Tech Support BB.

------------------
Gen. Patton

The mouse gives you precision that can only be dreamed of if you use a joystick. And the keyboard routines for KSaga are utterly messed up. One key at a time? Sheesh.

Actually, the keyboard limitation goes back to the original versions of WC1/2, due to the way it handled input from the keyboard buffer. The thing I disliked about keyboard flying in WC3/4 was that, to get full maneuverability when using the keyboard, you had to hold down the <shift> key. Otherwise, you lose a good chunk of your maneuverability (forget the numbers, but it's rather easy to notice the difference).

As for preferred controler, my old (1994) Thrustmaster FCS2 has served me well, and will continue to do so for a while. (I tend to be somewhat heavy-handed with joysticks, but so far it's taken what I throw at it, and said "Please, sir. May I have more?")

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

I still use my good 'ol Gravis Gamepad (it's surprising how well you can maneuver a ship with it after a little practice
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Well, I've always been partial to controling my ship with rodents. They work great in first person games, and they work great in sims.

Back