POLL: Which WC game is your favorite in the series and why?

ew, i was thinking of buying P2,not anymore
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Quarto said:
"DIEEEEE!!!!" is more intelligent than "Hey go'ie boy, kiss ma ass!", though
smile.gif

I have to disagree with that. It may not be the wittiest of cries, but it`s sure as hell better than a simple "DIEEEE".

Kain: Oh, don't be silly. I hate it. But others love it. I never said that one shouldn't buy it. Hell, even though I hate the game, I don't regret buying it. You should take a look at it, and then make up your own opinion.

Mad Hatter: I dunno... "DIEEEEE!!!!" is kinda charming in its simplicity
smile.gif

I dunno, Quarto, when you kill a baddie in P2 it's kind of nice hearing 'em say stuff like, " I'm too young to die!"

I really play for just the plot. Some of the atmospheres in the game are just cool and creepy. The Surgeon's Blunder bar on Crius is especially neat, and when you're talking to Christopher Walken on Hades and you see that hand in the Pits... that was cool.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

The Darkening had it's redeeming qualities. The cinematics were the driving factor for me (I actually found the plot somewhat interesting, and it was rewarding shoving that gun into the scum's face) so once you got through once you really noticed how mediocre the rest of the game was. Although you never got that tired of hearing the deathcry of a pirate who was so fixated on waxing that Aurora that he never noticed you...

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

Quarto said:
Dralthi5: Exactly. The cockpit comms. Until I heard them, I thought I might actually enjoy it. And then... "Ay am the greem reapa!"
biggrin.gif
Those just screw the whole game up completely.
And the setting. The news briefs - as shown on the CIC's front page - make me wonder if the game was serious, or if it was supposed to be a parody.

Those things on the front page came from P2?
Oh..my..god
*shaking head slowly*

alt.loafhead?

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

I'd vote for WC2, but for playability I prefer WC3 because it had more audio/video interaction.

Maniac stunk in WC1, but I liked him in SO2 & WC3 - he fits the missions - suicidal..
Besides, in WC1 you had to compete for whatever... Keeping him alive was herculean.
In later episodes, he's just your much needed terminator - mission accomplished, no problemo.
biggrin.gif

It's Party Time!

[This message has been edited by JoeyRP (edited June 23, 2000).]

Wow, you actually bothered to keep Maniac alive? Sometimes I found it easier to follow that helpful suggestion and shoot him (guns only, save the missiles for important targets)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Mad Hatter said:
Yes, but it does spoil the game a bit when he comes back to life in sm1 & 2.

they clone him every once in a while
biggrin.gif
*L*

I lost him in WC3, during the final run to Kilrah. I swear, I locked on to him just to see how could the kitties have knocked him off. It's just inexplicable for an Excalibur to blow up in one shot! Strakhas can't get you that fast.

Uh-oh, I think I hear my mom calling!

Kain said:
they clone him every once in a while
biggrin.gif
*L*

What type of missiles do they carry? Maybe they hate him as much as you do and decided to sacrifice their Empire by letting you live, so they could kill something they felt was far more better in a vaporized state...

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

Personally, I like WC2 and WC3. WC2 has a great storyline with 'return of the hero', lost of friends, revenge, traitor and romance. In WC3 I love FMV and whole Victory campaign was great. This desperate raid to Kilrah...

------------------
Mikhail "Black Joker" Babloyan

Wing Commander in Russia

I do believe that Maniac doesn't get shot down - he just blows up
smile.gif
. It's probably programmed into the mission. Have you ever watched Dallas die in WCP? One second he's fine, the next he's gone.

i would have to say prophecy b/c it has awesome graphics an awesome storyline and a new alien race....and a new charachter casey.....but i like blair better he shouldnt have died

Hmm... to edit or not to edit...

Not to edit. It sounds like he's accepted it, even if he doesn't like it.

Back