Poll on Kitty snubfighters

Death's Head

Spaceman
The question is what fighter would you take out and fly. Factors to consider: handling, looks, firepower, defenses, and of course, raw engine power. Your choice?

hmm, snubfigters being what exactly? If we're just talking about light fighers (excluding Armada - Ive never played it), I'd take a Darket first. However I always liked the looks of the new-style Dralthi, and if I was just going cruising for females and a little light fighting I would take one of them.

If snubfigher means just anything... damn. I dont really have a favorite Cat figher

Gothri and Gratha. Both are very efficient and powerful, but the Gratha wins on looks.

Prince Thrak`s ship in WC2. It was a custom designed ship, wasn`t it? (even though I took him out in, what, 4 shots with the Sabre
wink.gif
).

Last edited by a moderator:
That six-gunned Jalthi is pretty mean looking and very deadly with a good (better then the AI) pilot.

On either of them, if you get a quick enemy that can stay more than 45 degrees off your tail youre screwed, no matter how good you are with a tailgun. With the right pilot an Arrow can take a Vaktoth one-on-one every time without using full capabilities or one spurt of afterburner. Believe me, I had it down to a fine art when I was playing WC3...

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

Chernikov said:
On either of them, if you get a quick enemy that can stay more than 45 degrees off your tail youre screwed, no matter how good you are with a tailgun. With the right pilot an Arrow can take a Vaktoth one-on-one every time without using full capabilities or one spurt of afterburner. Believe me, I had it down to a fine art when I was playing WC3...

I don't fly Heavies the same way with light fighters. They're too fast to out maneuver. I simply joust with them, because it is hard to use turret guns in WC3. But I can use the ship like a turret at very low speed. It is not wise for an Arrow pilot to match heavies at that speed.
smile.gif

Pah. I'd destroy ye with my Jrathek any time of the week.

Hmm, that's what I forgot. Unbelieveable - how could I forget my favouritest ever Kilrathi ship?

To revise my earlier vote:
1. Jrathek - looks, power, speed, everything
smile.gif
2. Gratha - looks, power.
3. Gothri - lotsa guns, and remarkable manoeuvrability for a heavy. Remarkable speed, too. And remarkably low armour values
biggrin.gif

Quarto said:
Pah. I'd destroy ye with my Jrathek any time of the week.

Hmm, that's what I forgot. Unbelieveable - how could I forget my favouritest ever Kilrathi ship?

To revise my earlier vote:
1. Jrathek - looks, power, speed, everything
smile.gif
2. Gratha - looks, power.
3. Gothri - lotsa guns, and remarkable manoeuvrability for a heavy. Remarkable speed, too. And remarkably low armour values
biggrin.gif

Damn the Jrathek! The only way I could get that kitty is to ram it w/ my heavy.
biggrin.gif

No match for my Gladius, though.

Incidentally, How come the intro in WC Armada depicted a dogfight between a Salthi & a Gladius? That cat was outmoded, since WC2! It was not available on that series, too!

You fly like the ape that you are!

Strictly speaking, it didn't display the Salthi - it displayed the Shok'lar, which looks the same
wink.gif

In reality however, we can assume that it did indeed display the Salthi. And that the Gladius was not actually a Gladius, but rather a Rapier (I think). And that the Lexington was the Tiger's Claw, and the Shiraak was a Snakeir.
To explain the above, Origin used Super Wing Commander ship models in Armada - or did they use Armada models in Super Wing Commander?
smile.gif

I'm with Loaf, I liked the Hhriss. Similar to the Raptor, my favorite WC1 ship. I also would like to take the Bloodfang (either version), Gothri and the Paktahn out for a spin. Most of the time, I prefer a ship with a lot of power over manuverabilty.

Back