Please refresh my mind

Mr.Evil

Spaceman
I watched the WCIII "movie" yesterday and now there are some questions about the Kilrathi.

Last time, I played WCIII in 1996 and now I don't have the possibility to play it again (doesn't run on my system anymore).

- Who is that cat that dies in it's palace (ending scene of WCIII)?
- Who is the cat that talks to Blair (in the ending scene)?

The first Kilrathi is the Emperor of Kilrah. Dont remember his name.

The second is Melek, an aid to Thrakath.

As for playing the game, DosBox would be a perfect solution to getting your older Wing Commander games to run on newer pc's.

Hope that helps!

Mr.Evil said:
Last time, I played WCIII in 1996 and now I don't have the possibility to play it again (doesn't run on my system anymore).

That's no reason not to play it again! WC3 is playable with the Dosbox emulator, though you need a really suped up machine to play it perfectly. Nevertheless, don't give up THAT easily. It's actually a lot easier to play old WC games than it sounds.

I must admit, that I never had the idea to play it again.

When I watched the "movie" (that is hosted here), I found it awfully ugly. :(

The point is, that the WC-Saga has a quite interesting story and this Website with all it's background informations makes it even more interesting.

I never knew, that there is so much background (the reason for this may be, that I was 8 to 12 years old when playing WC, so I didn't think about it).

Mr.Evil said:
I must admit, that I never had the idea to play it again.

When I watched the "movie" (that is hosted here), I found it awfully ugly. :(

Well, keep in mind the video is compressed quite a bit down from even the 1994-compression source material.

Mr.Evil said:
The point is, that the WC-Saga has a quite interesting story and this Website with all it's background informations makes it even more interesting.

I never knew, that there is so much background (the reason for this may be, that I was 8 to 12 years old when playing WC, so I didn't think about it).

Yeah, there's so much background information that our attempts to catalog it here are still very basic. Also be aware that a lot of the Saga/Fleet Tactics information is fan fiction created by the mod team for their own story, not necessarily stuff taken from an official source.

Bandit LOAF said:
He's never given one - which makes writing about him awkward.

In that scene between Melek and Thrakhath where the Terrans escaped by finding the alternate jump point and Melek tells them how the Heart of the Tiger was one of the carrier's protects, it always sounded to me like Thrakhath says afterward, something like, "Baran (Barahn?) must not know of the success of this Terran incursion."

Maybe he's just saying a regular word there. But in that scene I always thought Thrakhath was referring to the emperor by his first or last name.

I doubt anyone would refer to The Emperor by his name out of respect. Although it is possible he's from Kilrah. I guess that gives a hint of part of his name.

I knew it was a "nar Kiranka", and I was certain that his first name was mentioned in one of the books.

Just my imagination I guess. :rolleyes:

Back