Pick Your Poison in New Poll (April 29, 2012)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
There has always been a great deal of speculation by Wing Commander fans about what the next WC game will be like. Over the years we've run polls asking when Wingnuts think the game will arrive or what setting it would take place in, but we haven't asked who the primary foe should be. There are many potential options and anything is possible! What would your preference be?!

The old poll asked about fans' favorite Confed cruiser vessels. The iconic Tallahassee from WC3/4 took first place and WC2's powerful Waterloo came in second. Concordia class supercruisers from the WC Movie just barely beat out the Hades class quick strike cruiser from Secret Ops for third place.

What is your favorite Confed Cruiser?

Achilles type heavy cruiser (TPOF)
2.33%
orangeblock.gif

Concordia class supercruiser (Movie)
12.56%
orangeblock.gif

Gettysburg class cruiser (SM2)
7.75%
orangeblock.gif

Hades class quick strike cruiser (WCSO)
12.25%
orangeblock.gif

Manassas type light cruiser (Academy)
0.31%
orangeblock.gif

Plunkett class heavy artillery cruiser (WCSO)
10.54%
orangeblock.gif

Tallahassee class cruiser (WC3/4)
32.56%
orangeblock.gif

Waterloo class cruiser (WC2)
21.71%
orangeblock.gif

Ended on April 29, 2012 | 645 votes

--
Original update published on April 29, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be awesome to have the next game set during the early Cat war period. Even better if we got to fly/see some of the pre-war fighters mentioned in AS alongside early versions of WC1/Academy ships.

I also would like to fly early in the Kilrathi war. But... I was one of those who actually liked killing bugs as well so if they do another Nephilim campaign count me in!

EDIT: Also I LOL'd hard. Mopoks in space!!

I did enjoy WCV but I don't want to see a continuation of it. The heart of this game will always be the struggle against the Kilrathi. If the next game follows the same continuity I'd love to see something set during the early days of the war or perhaps a parallel perspective (eg: WC: Saga).

Otherwise I'd love a re-imagining of the entire franchise back on the Tiger's Claw (similar to what the move "tried" to do).

I actually voted for Confed as the enemy of choice. I think a game from the Kilrathi perspective would be nice, or perhaps another foray into the Border Worlds (I've always wanted to play UE, but it's plagued my computer with errors for years). WC4 is one of my personal faves, so fighting the Feds would be a nice harkening back to that. Not saying we're likely to see that, but you never know I suppose.

I voted Pilgrim. I would like to see more of the conflict leading up to the rollout of the Confed Grand Fleet. This time without space hookers, super powers, flying jellyfish and floaty blue clouds. Y'know, sensible, believable writing and the like. They would make for an interesting enemy, being human, but far removed from Confed in the tech & culture sense.

I already imagine how the news post will look like when this poll is closed and the result is posted on the front page:

The Kilrathi will win, and some dude will show up, take the microphone away from the hot (and fragrant I might add) Kilrathi priestess that receives the prize and say
"Yo Kilrathi chick, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but the Mopoks are one of the coolest aliens of all time, OF ALL TIME!"

Sorry, if the Kilrathi win we can't mention the Mopoks.

... because, of course, the Kilrathi do not co-exist.

I already imagine how the news post will look like when this poll is closed and the result is posted on the front page:

The Kilrathi will win, and some dude will show up, take the microphone away from the hot (and fragrant I might add) Kilrathi priestess that receives the prize and say
"Yo Kilrathi chick, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but the Mopoks are one of the coolest aliens of all time, OF ALL TIME!"

Some one has a thing for cats!

I could so totally see the Mopoks being the antagonists in a new game....picture this scenario; Confed needs this mineral (let's call it....oh, I don't know......unobtanium) that can only be found on Rostov III. They find a big ass deposit under the largest colony of Mopoks. Rather than just force them off their land, though, a team of scientists creates a system that uploads a person's consciousness into an artificial Mopok bdy (let's call them "avatars"). This one disabled Marine is recruited to join the problem and begins to live among them eventually falling in love with the chief's daughter (portrayed by...oh, just out of hat.........Zoe Saldana). Confed gets impatient and send the dude from Terra Nova to totally bomb the crap out of the Mopoks, when sudddenly..........

......wait a minute. They've done that one already, haven't they?

I could so totally see the Mopoks being the antagonists in a new game....picture this scenario; Confed needs this mineral (let's call it....oh, I don't know......unobtanium) that can only be found on Rostov III. They find a big ass deposit under the largest colony of Mopoks. Rather than just force them off their land, though, a team of scientists creates a system that uploads a person's consciousness into an artificial Mopok bdy (let's call them "avatars"). This one disabled Marine is recruited to join the problem and begins to live among them eventually falling in love with the chief's daughter (portrayed by...oh, just out of hat.........Zoe Saldana). Confed gets impatient and send the dude from Terra Nova to totally bomb the crap out of the Mopoks, when sudddenly..........

......wait a minute. They've done that one already, haven't they?

Yeah, it was an animated film called 'Fern Gully.' Disney also did an animated film called 'Pocahontas' that was kind of similar.

Can't think of any other films that are like this though. I don't think there would be much chance of one being made - it's a theme that has been done so many times, it wouldn't make sense to devote a whole film to such an overused & cliche topic.

"Dances with Wolves" and "Last Samurai" are almost the same as well. :)
"The Last of the Mohicans" as well because it is literally the same as "Last Samurai"

Back