Peter Telep, and Pilgrim's Truth, and researching the legal issues.

Valiento said:
Well like I said before when I called harper collins I was told to call this person;

Harpercollins Publications
Richard Carielllo, contract division
(212) 207-7091

But at this point I don't know if he works there or if that number still works...

But at this point someone should call and see if he has time to answer a few simple questions on what he would need from Peter Telep in order for Telep to be free to release his work.

Any volunteers?

Well I tried the number, and it still works. But all I got was an answering machine(for Richard Carielllo, so he still works there), and it said he couldn't get to the phone and to leave a message (I don't like leaving messages on answering machines personally, so tend hang up before the beep, because I always tend to leave info out, and hate talking to machines, :p). So now I just to figure if and when he is in work to answer the phone, and try again sometime.

...or we could all vote Bandit to call in our behalf, ;). As he probably has more research on the subject than I have, and maybe he can leave a more professional sounding answering machine message, :p.

I say just give it another try, or LOAF can volunteer if he wants.

At this point, I'd figure that anyone talking to this guy would be progress.

I'd really love to read that book!

I do a lot of working with contracts and so forth in the film/tv/theatre business and regularly write up contracts for intellectual property, so I'd be happy to help with this. I would need a lot of information from the people who know what's going on though, because right now all I know is what I've just read in this forum. I'd be happy to do what I can but I'd need all the info and I'd need CIC and Mr. Telep both to recognize me to speak on their behalf.

Let me know if you want to put me to work on this.
Mark "Blackfaer" Thomason

We haven't heard of any developments since the thread was last updated. I'd suggest fans with enough time to persistently dig into the issue feel free to contact him.

Is there any chance or way to get hold of the legal documents? Read the contract and find something between the lines for instance?

I've actually asked if he had any of his legal documentation on hand. But never got any answer, except for him asking me or a fellow WC fan to contact Harper Collins on his behalf, and hope they had access to the documentation.

Its as if Mr. Telep either doesn't know much about his contract, or have access to it... If he does maybe he's not legally able to give out the legal information, and only harper collins can...

Valiento said:
I've actually asked if he had any of his legal documentation on hand. But never got any answer, except for him asking me or a fellow WC fan to contact Harper Collins on his behalf, and hope they had access to the documentation.

Yeah, that's exactly what we've gotten every time.

Valiento said:
Its as if Mr. Telep either doesn't know much about his contract, or have access to it... If he does maybe he's not legally able to give out the legal information, and only harper collins can...

Right, that's exactly what it seems like, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

So I'm guessing nothing came of this?

I just finished Pilgrim Stars this weekend (not bad, seemed a little disjointed but enjoyable) and now want to know what happens next.

Did anyone ever get an e-copy or any details from Mr. Telep/Harper Collins on printing this up?

--Stephen

I e-mailed Mr. Telep a month or two back, and he's still interested in getting it out somehow. We have a new contact we work with regarding EA legal stuff, and we've forwarded the issue to them -- maybe it can be solved this time around. Rest assured, we're constantly working on this.

In the mean time, if you're interested in what happens in the lost book, you can find the prologue chapter and the entire outline of the book here: https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/5454

Last edited by a moderator:
Back