Permission

Lt.Overload

Rear Admiral
I was wondering if I could upload some ships from Standoff that I converted to Secret Ops, I have plans for a few ships (Connie, Gigamesh, Hakaga and Ralatha), but I wanted the team's permission to upload them. I'll give all credit to you guys, of course. I know how hard it is to convert ships, so I wanted to help the less-experienced WCSO players.

Eder's policy on using the Standoff models in another WC project is that it's no problem, as long as you make your own textures for them.

As for "converting" the ships for Secret Ops, I am not sure what you mean... Standoff is actually a mod to Secret Ops, so they're already technically converted for Secret Ops :p

Please note though: there may be some issues to using some ships into Secret Ops, as the new models were only tested in Standoff, where we use tons of hacks to raise up all sorts of hardcoded engine limits.

Sorry, I think I missed this thread before.

And yeah, if you mean making Standoff ships separately available for use with unmodded versions of SO, that doesn't seem like a good idea to me - you'd have all sorts of issues from mild (such as mismatched VDU textures) to very serious (such as the unhacked engine not being able to handle the ships at all), and the end result would probably not do either SO or Standoff justice... Even if you went through the trouble of fixing the issues that are merely art-related, it would at best look like Standoff did before Ep 5 (without spec maps and HDR and such) and would definitely have stability issues due to the unhacked engine.

Back