Pax 7?

Aeronautico

Rear Admiral
Okay, I know this has probably turned up before, but where is Pax 7? You know, that planet Vagabond mentioned that got blown up in WC3? i can't find any Pax System on the CIC star charts. Does anybody have any info on this?

In game IC silly answer: Well, the planet was destroyed by a secret Confederation weapons development program. Can't have the public snooping around now can they? Therefore, the Pax system mysteriously dissapears of the galactic map. :p

Real Answer: The creator of the WCP Map (which is what the CIC map is based off of) missed that line from WC3 when naming the systems.

Do keep in mind that the WCP map is not the be-all and end-all of WC planets. There are quite a few mentioned worlds that don't show on that map, though they've been added to the online one hosted on the CIC, based on research through the official material (said research doesn't, for the record, necessarily make them official).

Are we sure thats the actual name of the planet though? Not just the incident? I mean I don't recall hearing anywhere that it was an actual planet.

Pax 7 is a planet for sure. Vagabond made a specific mention to the Terrans known as "Paxons". According to him, the Paxons were a "backwards people" deemed insignificant in the war effort.

Pax 7 is a planet for sure. Vagabond made a specific mention to the Terrans known as "Paxons". According to him, the Paxons were a "backwards people" deemed insignificant in the war effort.

I'll have to replay that scene... I could have sworn he said "Pax 7s"

We're never specifically told that it's a planet (maybe it's a space station, or a particular settlement on a planet) -- but it seems like a reasonable inference.

I bet we can all think of several dozen things left off of the WCU map, though... several hundred if we know our Armada sector maps!

It'd be good if we could fix that problem or find more on Pax 7. Alas, I don't think Chris Roberts has done much with the series in recent years. (NO offense to the guy, of course! He gave us WC!)

It'd be good if we could fix that problem or find more on Pax 7. Alas, I don't think Chris Roberts has done much with the series in recent years. (NO offense to the guy, of course! He gave us WC!)

CR's last involvement with the WC community, to date, is the movie. Other than that, he's not been a concern for anything WC since WC4.

It'd be good if we could fix that problem or find more on Pax 7.

It's one offhand mention in a line of dialogue among thousands. There simply isn't anything else out there to know, and there is a ton of known stuff that isn't documented anywhere. I think we've already spent plenty of time on Pax 7.

Alas, I don't think Chris Roberts has done much with the series in recent years. (NO offense to the guy, of course! He gave us WC!)

I'm not sure how Chris Roberts got involved in the discussion here. He didn't have anything to do with the WCP map, and had very little to ever do with things like planet names. Chris Roberts is one guy out of dozens and dozens that played a very important role in the background continuity.

Hmm, that's true. Still, it would be nice to revisit those undeveloped elements. In any case, I guess that's all we'll ever know about Pax 7.

I don't think there's anything undeveloped here; it's a fill-in-the-blank proper noun for Vagabond's story... heck, we know a lot more about "Pax 7" than we do about hundreds of other named places in the Wing Commander world. No one... anywhere... should be clamoring to know a secret story that's somehow beyond Doctor Severin conducting his tectonic weapons experiments on civilians there.

I bet we can all think of several dozen things left off of the WCU map, though... several hundred if we know our Armada sector maps!

And of course, the nav computers in Privateer leave out several Gemini systems.

I never trusted that software booth.

And of course, the nav computers in Privateer leave out several Gemini systems.

I never trusted that software booth.

Heh, that's the other one that... we... bitched about at the time. Damned Gemini System...

Back