Pardon my ignorance but....

biggrin.gif

Dieing from your own weapon does not improve your day.

There's an old saying:

"Never give someone a Gun when you don't know who they'll point it at..."

Now usually I pull a quote from Sun Tzu; but this one seems more fitting...
wink2.gif

------------------
Metras
Game Master and Member of Blacklance HQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay.

Hmmm, Tolwyn had a thing for powerful guns, did'nt he? First, the Concordia's PTC, then the Behemoth. Fortune smiled on neither of his toys...

As Blair had said "Neither is the Concordia, anymore"

------------------
Turn me loose, Colonel.
This is what I live for!

Colonel Peter Halcyon was in command of the Tiger's Claw for a short portion of the first Secret Missions. Other Tiger's Claw captains include Captain Jacob Sansky (during the movie), Commander Paul Gerald (during Pilgrim Stars), Captain Thorn (in the middle of Wing Commander 1 and in Secret Missions 2) and Commodore Geoffry Tolwyn (the end of Wing Commander 1, Wing Commander Academy and the beginning of the Secret Missions).

Note that Halcyon and Devereaux were Wing Commanders, *not* CAGs. In the Wing Commander Universe, the CAG is a Naval officer who coordinates between multiple Wing Commanders.

Like Patricia Drake on the Midway.

I know Tolwyn commanded the Claw on the animated series, but I was unaware that he was in charge at the end of WC1 and the beginning of the Secret Missions. Did Tolwyn actually appear in these games or was this established later on?

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Maybe it's another inconsistency, but I think on the Secret Missions 2 (paper) doc there was an urgent message sent to the Tiger's Claw from Vice-Admiral Tolwyn. I borrowed this from a friend, so I can't confirm it.

The orders in SM1 were from "CONFEDHICOM -- Adm. Deke Stover" to "TCS Tiger's Claw -- Col. Peter Halcyon" (ordering the Claw to divert to the Goddard System).

The orders in SM2 were from "Vice Admiral Tolwyn, CONFEDHICOM" to "TCS Tiger's Claw" (ordering the Claw to defend the Firekka System).

He doesn't appear, in the conventional meaning of the word - ie., we don't see him in a graphical form. In fact, he's not ever mentioned during the game. But the WC3 novel does mention him being on the Tiger's Claw. It doesn't, however, say when this happened. It could either be referring to SM1, or it could be referring to a later action in the Enigma Sector.

Even if he was quoted; it doesn't mean much for that. Tolwyn is a very 'high' character in the grand-scheme of things, but it doesn't say much about him being on the Tiger's Claw.

I just finished watching WCATV, and yes, he's there as a Commodore (*starts to remind him of the good ol' days of Transformers*).
biggrin.gif

Oh, yes, Blair did remember Tolwyn usurping command of the Claw from old Thorn in the Heart of the Tiger novel.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited August 18, 2000).]

We know that Tolwyn was in command of the Tiger's Claw during the end of Wing Commander 1 because this is when all but one of the Academy episodes take place. We know that he commanded the ship for part of SM1 because the WCA press release tells us so.

Hmm... I suppose I should watch those Academy episodes. Oh, well.
wink2.gif

------------------

I only saw a few episodes of the TV series, and I felt it was different enough for it to be considered apart from the games, in much the same way that the movie is different. Heck, I haven't even seen the movie - it was a complete flop where I am.

And I recall LOAF saying games take precedence over anything else... but I guess what LOAF says, goes, huh?

Well, according to LOAF, anything he says goes. But, if you ask me (and a lot of other people), the cartoon and the movie and the books and the games and so on all fit together and can't be considered "apart."

------------------

I consider the movie to have nothing to do with "Official" WC history. As for the books and cartoon, they would be canon as long as they did not contradict the game history. The games are absolute canon though.

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

Back