Pancakes

But cutting through a stack of 8 or more pancakes seems hard to me. So I guess you make smaller stacks.

He, the Dralthi waffles never get old. :)

heh, this thread makes me want to go to a restaurant tomorrow morning and have a nice unhealthy breakfast. Usually I just have oatmeal but tomorrow... yes, yes tomorrow I will go have some of 'em chocolate chip pancakes. That or a Belgian waffle. Oh that's a hard choice.

Whadya think my fellow Wingnuts? Chocolate Chip Pancakes or Strawberry Belgian Waffle?

Between those I would go for Chocolate Chip Pancakes because I don't really like fruits on my waffles. It's also more unhealthy, if you are getting an unhealthy breakfast, get a really unhealthy breakfast. :)

I think they are not comparable. There are times for each variety. Though I do eat crêpes a lot more often. It's a shame but I think I've only eaten the German pancake version once in my life. I am going to change that!

You can be sure I'd like to eat the fat US pancakes, they're just not made around here. It's not a matter of preference...

But cutting through a stack of 8 or more pancakes seems hard to me. So I guess you make smaller stacks.

When I'm not too lazy for anything more than a bowl of cereal (and have other people around to make it worth the effort), I usually have other stuff with pancakes/waffles (usually the latter), so I rarely go for more than 4 slices total.

As always, your mileage may vary.

Hehe...
I personally don;t like the american pancakes, bit i kill for europian ones, the ones you people probably know as crepes....
this thread got me real hungry, as i havent eaten those in quite some time... :(

On the other note: Waffles *drools*

When I'm not too lazy for anything more than a bowl of cereal (and have other people around to make it worth the effort), I usually have other stuff with pancakes/waffles (usually the latter), so I rarely go for more than 4 slices total.

As always, your mileage may vary.

Yeah, I were less lazy I would have pancakes more often...and waffles too. I mostly make the latter ones only around christmas.
I think 6 to 8 pancakes with Maple syrup are a filling breakfast for me, with a glass of juice. For waffles...I guess the same number but I wouldn't know what to put on them in the morning. Only sugar? Chocolate cream?

In Japan they have these crepe stations everywhere. I don't know what a eurocrepe is like, but these are thin pancakes wrapped up like an ice cream cone with stuff inside. The toppings range considerably from double-chocolate or blueberry ice cream to stuff like caesar salad or salmon & cheese.

Last edited by a moderator:
We invent it, and they make it better:(........next thing, they'll be dumping them here at below cost just to put Aunt Jemima out of business.

Japan is like rule 34, everything that exists, they made a vending machine for it.
I doubt that those things are as tasty as a real parisian crepe with nutella made in street cart thing.

Mmmmm... Dralthi Pancake. Darn someone already took a bite!
wc1dralthi.jpg

Give me a rapier, and I'll take a few MORE bites :D

Last edited by a moderator:
heh, this thread makes me want to go to a restaurant tomorrow morning and have a nice unhealthy breakfast. Usually I just have oatmeal but tomorrow... yes, yes tomorrow I will go have some of 'em chocolate chip pancakes. That or a Belgian waffle. Oh that's a hard choice.

Whadya think my fellow Wingnuts? Chocolate Chip Pancakes or Strawberry Belgian Waffle?

Strawberry Belgian Waffle!!!!! With the 2lb lump of heavy cream :D

BTW,

Here in the Seattle area, there's a GREAT breakfast place on the north end called "Patty's Egg Nest"

They have an awesome belgian waffle and their (apparently 3 huge eggs or 4 mediums) omelettes are awesome...portions are huge too, with an equally gargantuan pile of hashbrowns....

If you're ever heading out for a strenuous hike, I'd recommend this place...followed by at least an hour before any serious exertion L-O-L

Japan is like rule 34, everything that exists, they made a vending machine for it.
I doubt that those things are as tasty as a real parisian crepe with nutella made in street cart thing.

That's just the display for the cart. There are entire stores comprised of just vending/gumball type machines though.

Back