Pacific Strike.....WWII Wing Commander?

Originally posted by Dominator
Delance:
There are many actions of individual soldiers that altered course of single battle but it had little impact on outcome of war, and bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki was very big and complex operation that involved hundereds of people - pilots were only part of it.

So does anything Blair was involved with.

Ever notice that if you finished Pacific Strike, and immediately started a new game, you were already a LtCdr. when Biggs comes to you after you save the Nevada? And you have FULL choice of all aircraft and weapons right off the bat? Pretty cool huh? Having a Hellcat sure beats the hell outta that Wildcat for the Tulagi mission.:D

Originally posted by Ripper
Ever notice that if you finished Pacific Strike, and immediately started a new game, you were already a LtCdr.

Perhaps this is a not very known bug because people didn't replay this game much.

Originally posted by WildWeasel
I don't think Blair's fictional exploits are going to carry much weight when you're talking about actual history.

The subject here is games, not actual history. And the point is that, even in the fictional universe of WC, there were a lot of people involved in all operatinons, including the big victories Blair had. He didn't make the T-Bomb, and he didn't load the torpedoes on the Sabre to destroy K'tithrak Mang.

Originally posted by Delance
The subject here is games, not actual history. And the point is that, even in the fictional universe of WC, there were a lot of people involved in all operatinons, including the big victories Blair had. He didn't make the T-Bomb, and he didn't load the torpedoes on the Sabre to destroy K'tithrak Mang.

Blair still does a whole lot more than any pilot has in our history. That's the big difference. Although I'm unfamiliar with the game in question, I doubt you're the same pilot in every mission.

Originally posted by Delance

Yes I agree but I was talking about cases were pilot or soldier acts on his own and he makes decisions with only some small guidance from command ( maybe I am mistaken but it happens in most WC missions). In case of A - bombing raids in WWII this operation was planned step by step months earlier and pilots only followed this steps - the T-bomb mission is in some ways similar.

Blair still does a whole lot more than any pilot has in our history. That's the big difference. Although I'm unfamiliar with the game in question, I doubt you're the same pilot in every mission.

Blair doesn't pilot all the missions. He doesn't participate of all operations. In fact, for 10 years, he was basically out of the war effort.

He is, of course, "the great hero of the Kilrathi war", "the heart of the tiger", "savior of the confederation" and "most decorated pilot". Curiosly, he doesn't walk around with many medals on WC4 and WCP.

Originally posted by Dominator
Yes I agree but I was talking about cases were pilot or soldier acts on his own and he makes decisions with only some small guidance from command ( maybe I am mistaken but it happens in most WC missions).

Yes that's the basic idea. The exception was of course him going rogue and attacking a Kilrathi base all by himself.

And he taking the KHQ in WC1...the Sivar in SM1...Thrakhath in SO1..Ayers Rock in S02...Kilrah in WC3....Tolwyn in WC4

We're talking about the games, though. In all of the missions in all of the storyline games that take place during the war, he's the pilot. Can the same be said of this World War II game?

We're talking about the games, though. In all of the missions in all of the storyline games that take place during the war, he's the pilot. Can the same be said of this World War II game?

Well, yes, because on this WWII game that's how it happens. So, it's not realistic.

Anyway, I'd like to point out that other WWII and WWI games allow you to follow a carrer mode of a single pilot. I'd like to point ot "Red Baron" and "Aces of the Pacific" from Dynamix.

Originally posted by Ghost
And he taking the KHQ in WC1...the Sivar in SM1...Thrakhath in SO1..Ayers Rock in S02...Kilrah in WC3....Tolwyn in WC4

The games are about Christopher Blair. Of course he pilots the most important missions. It's the whole concept of the thing. There is this big war out there with other important missions, and Blair is doing his share. Considering, also, that Blair is arguably the best pilot of the confederation and, perhaps, the galaxy, it's no surprise that he is always sent on the most important assignments when he is present at the carrier.

haha
the last few posts here just went into 1st grade jibberish.

anyways, what about STRIKE COMMANDER. the origin game pacific strike was modelled after (even though it came out later with lesser graphics).

strike commander was da bomb. still play it today.

-scheherazade

Strike Commander was great, and Pacific Strike was flawed but fun... but Wings of Glory was *perfect*.

Back