p2

Hotshot

Spaceman
Does anyone have a p2 walkthrough on how to just use the stuff. I can't seem to get past the first planet
frown.gif
.(I'm new to the wc games
frown.gif
)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to WC! I don't have a walkthrough, but I'm sure people around here can help you.
smile.gif
what specific problems are you having?

------------------
"He has warrior spirit. It will be the death of him." Prince Thrakhath - End Run

Hey, SW, if you are mean to Hal Taffin you have to pay 20.000 credits for his cooperation. If you play nice and have the cash ready you only have to pay 10.000!

Since we are talking P2 here, is it normal that you don't get to find Hugo Carmichael on Bex right after Hassan tells you to go there? I'm flying around for some time now and can't find him even after several tries.

Hotshot: What do you mean by "..can't seem to get past the first planet"? Does the game crash if you try to land?

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Hehe, if you are mean to Hal Taffin after he draws his gun on you, you don't have to pay a thing.
smile.gif

As for Hugo Carmichael, you might have to look up some information about him in the terminal. I can't remember exactly.

------------------
Barrie "Cpl Hades" Almond
balmond@wcnews.com

Um, there are no jump points in P2. There are few artificial jump gates that you have to pay 200 credits to use and they will transport you through several navpoints, but the basic way of traveling in P2 is using a hop drive (?) to jump between each navpoint instead of using autopilot.

I think i may have the answer....
In Privateer 2 you have to buy a ship to get off the planet. I don't think it would be wise to go to another planet while holding you're breath the whole way there....

------------------
Death is but a door, time but a window, I'll be back......

A hopper drive doesn't need points like the jump drive.. the Tri-System has lots of insystem jump points..

Hotshot: Travelling to another planet is easy.
Go to the Nav map (Alt+N) while in space, pick a Nav point/planet/space station with the mouse or press the 'F' key and type in the desired location (planet name or Nav point number), leave Nav map.
You'll notice that the jump drive's energy bar (originally orange or red depending on whether there is an enemy spacecraft nearby or not) has turned green. At last, just press the 'J' key and off you go!
See, it's easy!
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Back