OpenGL engine problems

karloch

Spaceman
Hi,

First, I would like to congratulate the whole team for the impressive work with episode 4. I got really amazed when I discovered for first time Standoff, but this new episode has suprassed by far all my expectations. Please, keep this line up for the last episode :)

Well, getting on topic now, I'm having some weird problems with the opengl engine. As you can see form the screenshot attached to this message, when I try to use the opengl engine, I get the screen inverted. That's not all, as it ramdomly switches and "rotates" to right or left in a 90º basis (I don't know if I'm explaining it well). There is a lot of flicking on the screen (from total black to the cockpit flipped right, left, up or down) and the VDU.

Aboard the carrier everything seems ok, mission brief included.

My system is:
Pentium D 2,8Ghz 2 GB RAM
ATI Raedon X600 256MB
Windows Vista Ultimate x86 (32 bit)

I have tried multiple combinations of configurations in the launcher, as well as the patch that was published in other thread of opengl problems, but none worked.

I can play rightly using DirectX, but it is a shame to lose all the visual game experience that the opengl engine offers.

Greets!

Attachments

• standoff_opengl1.jpg
    standoff_opengl1.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 201
Wow, this is definitely a new one.

You didn't mention if you had the latest drivers for your card, that might be an issue as I think Pedro mentioned before there was something different about ATI cards. Have you tried messing directly with the ATI card settings?

Yeah, please take note of the driver version you're currently using, then install the lastest Catalyst driver, then tell us about it !

The issue was solved by installing lastest Catalyst drivers (7.10 version). The game is working like a charm and the graphics look gorgerous :)

Thanks for the great work and the support!

Hey no problem. If that didn't work I was ready to tell you just to mount your monitor on a swivel so you can spin it to the proper alignment when it inverts :)

Back